What is an Air Driver and what does the job entail?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Where do they deliver to? In my center they drive big penske trucks, do they deliver to stores inside a big mall or the airport?

Those are usually bringing air from the airport to the center, or taking it to the airport to be sent to the air hubs. I know some areas actually have air drivers deliver air during the week. In my area air drivers only deliver on Saturdays, and shuttle air to or from the airport during the week.

clean hairy

Air driver is driving to a Municipal airport and loading up a hang glider with packages. You then drop them from 500 feet, hopefully it drops at the proper address.
Hope you are not afraid of heights!

Days

Air driver after this last contract is not worth it imo. Unless you’re already at top rate, not worth

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
are 22.4s taking over that position when Detroit and W. Penn finally get what theyre asking for?

22.4's would be more expensive than air drivers, so I don't think they would take over. I'm not entirely sure why the company doesn't use air drivers more than they do now.

Air driver is less pay than regular driver, but a much easier job.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What exactly does an Air Driver do? Also, are they full time or part time?

Is it the same pay as regular drivers?
True air driver...

airsource-Oxygen_truckps-1.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Air driver used to be a stepping stone to becoming a full time driver.
You got the same support & training while you worked as an air driver, { actually you got no support , you were taught how to make stops on the blind } but plenty of time to learn all the alphabet soup that they now require and how to use a DIAD. You would do it until your time to go FT came up, the longer the better. Because you gained more area knowledge. Area Knowledge is VERY important. { Back when they started the classification in the late 80's , starting rate was $10/hr and 10 cents / mile if you used your own vehicle }