What is an Overflow Route?

AndrewK

Alot of drivers (especially cover drivers) in my hub are assigned to work overflow in areas that management know they have strong area knowledge in..just wondering has this happened to you before? Are these considered routes and how long does one usually stay working overflow for? Reason I ask this is because one driver told me today that they did overflow for 10 years straight before they won their first bid run

charm299

Alot of drivers (especially cover drivers) in my hub are assigned to work overflow in areas that management know they have strong area knowledge in..just wondering has this happened to you before? Are these considered routes and how long does one usually stay working overflow for? Reason I ask this is because one driver told me today that they did overflow for 10 years straight before they won their first bid run
Your last sentence should’ve answered your question

Apparently PVDs and helpers are getting calls here being told be prepared to start soon.

At least here the Union has lost any control abs the company is just doing whatever they please.
They aren't doing that here, yet.
But this needs to come to a stop.

Maybe we get these current bums out of office maybe things will change?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
They aren't doing that here, yet.
But this needs to come to a stop.

Maybe we get these current bums out of office maybe things will change?
Our local bums were just voted back in so not likely here. Hell we have sups working almost every single day and guys being told they can’t file because they’re on the 9.5 list.

It is a complete joke here right now and my center manager walks around like he owns the damn place because the union refuses to enforce the contract.

Our local bums were just voted back in so not likely here. Hell we have sups working almost every single day and guys being told they can’t file because they’re on the 9.5 list.

It is a complete joke here right now and my center manager walks around like he owns the damn place because the union refuses to enforce the contract.
Some of ours got voted out because of the arrogance.
But the IBT election is this year and it's time that everyone needs to stand up and vote and show that we do care

542thruNthru

I'll have to take a look at it because anyone that's in office now they can all go to hell.
Here you go. Have at it.

Screenshot_20210504-173757_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Screenshot_20210504-173933_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210504-174551_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

iowa boy

Apparently PVDs and helpers are getting calls here being told be prepared to start soon.

At least here the Union has lost any control and the company is just doing whatever they please.
We had 4 PVD's start today. And I'm pretty sure our local said okay because we are so short on drivers.

No helpers yet that I've heard about.

This summer is gonna be a :poop:show.