What is it you like about your job?

ooky

frozen canuck
Wow. That was a surprising answer from Doublestandard. When someone comes home dead tired and griping everyday, you assume they hate their job. But he talks about it all the time here at home so I guess deep down he must like it. Way deep down.

dammor

I like the way I feel when the truck is finally empty. I like the dogs that know I have bisquits for them. I like the folks I see everyday that really seem to care how my day is going. I like the old people that I wait patiently for at the front door because I know they need me to. I also like the old ones that I walk in through the open door because I know they need me to. I like many of my fellow drivers because they are the only ones who really understand this job.

DS

Fenderbender
I will go to a lot of trouble to keep my customer happy
it seems sometimes that the old people are the only ones that really understand...

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
The old and disabled are the only ones who appreciate you waiting on them. And they try their darndest not to make you wait, wheelchairs, and all. And for those dear people I will gladly wait. They are worth the wait.

xracer

I agree that the old and disabled do appreciate us more when we do a little extra to make them happy but another time that I feel appreciated is when I come back from a few weeks of vacation because my cover driver is kind of an ::censored2:: and that makes me look all that much better..

retired2000

i retired from brown in 2000 and to this day people i delivered to will still see me out and say hi. it was fun to see the little ones grow up right in front of your eyes, it was like an extended family.

tieguy

Banned
The people and the customers make a tough job pleasant. The satisfaction of being part of the best team out there adds to it.
The challenge of keeping that reputation invigorates and sometimes beats me down on a bad day.

One thing I see a need for as retirement becomes more prevalent is a need for a retired ups group. Support each other. Increased buying power on those senior vacations. A chance for old soldiers to tell war stories over a few beers or discuss the differences from building to building. Someone needs to get moving on this idea before I monopolize it in about 10 years. :lol:

p.s. spell check gave me a thumbs up only one spelling error this time. :lol:

UPSmeoff

i got flashed by 3 girls for the first time the other nite, the situation i was in made me very angry, but that made up for it.

UPSmeoff

i just noticed that i do not have a red dot under my rep power anymore.
Danny does that mean im on the right track physically,emotionally and spiritually?

over9five

Staff member
What I used to like was meeting my girlfriend after work. The problem was I was a teacher and she my student... They said I could no longer teach in that state. So I became a UPS driver.... A long time ago....
It's not as bad as it sounds.... I did marry her....

overallowed72

I noticed that Scratch said thet he was able to watch his customers kids grow up...Yea, I get to do that too. But, it's pretty bad when you see your customers kids more than your own. At least that's how it seems to be around here.

Good question. I like the fact I determine my day. I like being able to go outside during the day. I like the real diverse group of people I deal with everyday, what other job ever really gets you into so many different peoples lives. Almost every job has a boss, so get used to the fact someone is always going to want more from you no matter where you work. And we get payed very well and have great benefits! ie vacation