What is the formula for PT supervisor pay?

Solidarity413

it all depends on your local in mine dues are 3 times your hourly rate. and to be a part time sup you don't have to grab your ankles you have to get on your knees

Sorry I meant to say the IBT says this. My local follows the practice.
http://www.teamster.org/content/frequently-asked-questions-faq#faq05

"
Teamsters Union dues are 2.5 times the hourly wage rate per month. For example, if you make $12 an hour, your dues would be $30 per month. However, if you make less than $11 an hour, then your dues rate is 2 times your hourly rate. And if you are a public sector employee, your dues rate is 2.25 times your hourly rate.
Also, some locals may charge initiation fees and these vary by location. Talk to a local union representative for details."

noazrk

Union Steward
I've been PT in my hub for 1.5 years and nobody from the union has ever contacted me in person, by phone, or mail to join the union! One of my co-workers said the same thing. Maybe it's because we are in a "right to work" state so joining is optional but it really suprises me the union doesn't care about signing up new members.

Even if it would be beneficial for us to sign up it's unlikely any of us are going to go out of our way to find out how to contact the union and get information about signing up.

It doesn't suprise me because honestly communication is very poor in this part of the company (or location perhaps).

If you show up to work, clock in and clock out, then go home basically you could do that for at least a year and know NOTHING about benefits, vacation, and how certain procedures work. Upsers.com is bogged down with needless information and is somewhat hard to navigate through + most of the info is also vague or generalized.

In most other corporations your always getting memos about benefits/changes OR there are meetings to explain everything. I guess the good news for me is I'm very proactive about getting information for myself and I am happy to share with my co-workers. Our shift supervisor is very good about sitting down with people and answering questions, I told him how 3-4 different people at 9-12 months seniority believe 2-3 different vacation benefit plans!

IF there is any information that would help a person get ahead I would be one of the first to know about it, prepare, sign up etc.

There is STILL one thing that shows up on my paycheck that I can't figure out after 1.5 years on the job.

Under gross pay there is something called "LEGAL SVCS" or something similar and it will list a gross pay yet I don't get paid anything for it.

Does anyone know what this means?

Teamsters Union dues are 2.5 times the hourly wage rate per month. For example, if you make $12 an hour, your dues would be $30 per month. However, if you make less than $11 an hour, then your dues rate is 2 times your hourly rate. And if you are a public sector employee, your dues rate is 2.25 times your hourly rate.
Also, some locals may charge initiation fees and these vary by location. Talk to a local union representative for details."

I said "here", and no, union dues do not fluctuate here to my knowledge. P/T have been 49 for years, still are I believe ( since 2001 when I started) and friend/T 66/mo. I was paying 66/mo when I was friend/T and making 14.50 an hour in progression a few years ago and it remained 66/mo now at 23.47 top rate.

Wow... as a P/T preloader, I pay $57/mo in what I assume is the same union local as Sleeve_meet_Heart, since we are both in the granite state. I wish I was making $22.50... but I'm not.

I guess no one really knows how anything works in this company or the union...

In reference to why this discussion was started, I recently starting inquiring about becoming a P/T sup... I have always been a bit curious about it and thought I might be able to help on some small level when it came to the way my center worked... But I snapped back into reality. My biggest frustration during my fact finding was about pay and benefits -- no one could give me a straight answer, or even any answer... I kept hearing, "It changed recently, I'm not sure." and "The just changed the way insurance is done and I still haven't figured it out..."

Solidarity413

Wow... as a P/T preloader, I pay $57/mo in what I assume is the same union local as Sleeve_meet_Heart, since we are both in the granite state. I wish I was making $22.50... but I'm not.

In reference to why this discussion was started, I recently starting inquiring about becoming a P/T sup... I have always been a bit curious about it and thought I might be able to help on some small level when it came to the way my center worked... But I snapped back into reality. My biggest frustration during my fact finding was about pay and benefits -- no one could give me a straight answer, or even any answer... I kept hearing, "It changed recently, I'm not sure." and "The just changed the way insurance is done and I still haven't figured it out..."

Just walk in to HR. Be persistent, stay around and bug them while you make them call so and so to find out.

UnconTROLLed

perfection

We are in different union locals. I work in CHEMA and union is Local 25 in Boston, live in NH -and full-time so they pay scale is different. IF you were local 25 also (which it sounds like you are not), you would be paying the 49/mo for dues.

The pay rate is the same for all in the national contract between FT to FT and PT to PT aside from a few locals in Chicago and NY.

dues are calculated differently local to local, so you have to look at your supplement or call your local union hall for that info.

wakingrufus

I made it through all the hoops and am now in the part-time supervisor pool.

I still don't have any concrete information regarding my pay. I've heard it's "roughly $2000" a month and two sources confirmed it's actually based on our pay as loaders etc. Others say it's around $300 after tax so that doesn't add up.

Does anybody know the formula used for deciding supervisor pay? I believe it's towards 27.50 hours a week. If anyone knows the percentage I could figure it out. For example, I assume I take my current pay of $11.50 an hour + 50% giving supervisor pay of $17.25 x 27.50 hours???

Thanks for any help!
i dont think you will get a 50% raise. i wouldn't plan on making more than $15 an hour.