What is the "ONE" method you will not do ?

filthpig

I do NOT:
close my bulkhead door while running DR stops
honk when pulling up to a house
call out "UPS" when delivering or picking up

filthpig

2 different center managers told me that RS packages scanned into the ppd screen do not add anything to your day. The only way to get pickup credit for an RS/ARS is to scan it with a regular pick up stop.

Since, scanning an RS/ARS package at a stop where I did not really pick it up would be falsifying records, I rarely scan them.

I also had an instance where I picked up and scanned an ARS package that should not have been picked up and could not be tracked until it had been scanned in our bldg. That convinced me that my scans were a complete waste of time.

TB

I put them in as "unscheduled". Counts as a stop.

helenofcalifornia

They warn us about those types of "unscheduled" stops and tell us they will write us up if we continue to do ARS' that way. Seems to me that if they stop you and ask you to take it, it is an unscheduled stop. Oh, the games we play.

Mike Hawk

When someones Avon box breaks open because you grabed the flimsy strap and 100 little perfume bottles go everywhere, you will learn your lesson.

Not only is it rude, but at least here in Oregon it is also illegal.
One method that I frequently do not follow is the "dont sheet pkgs in the car" rule. The methods say to load the pkgs onto a carry aid, take them inside, line 'em up and scan them. I have bulk stops where there is no room to do this. Intead I scan the packages as I put them on the handcart, slide the cart down the back bumper, wheel it in, and slide the cart out from under the stack of packages. This saves room and minimizes package handling.
I too do this with the exception of loading up the hand cart in the truck and sliding it down the bumper. That is a safety violation in our center. You can possibly get too much weight on the cart and cause a shoulder or back injury or cause forward over balance and actually fall out of the back of the truck. Then on the non safety side, when the cart gets to the ground while loaded it's pretty easy to loose control of the cart and dump the load causing damage to the packages. We get written up for doing that.

feeder53

ADKtrails
I drive feeders and sometimes I work the yard. Taking the keys is one I would like to see changed in the yard. I do it and it takes time.

tieguy

Banned
The mechanics don't like the Pull Key Method either....rough on starters, ignition, etc.......we are suppose to pull our key every time our feet hit the pavement (are we scared bin laden will jump in our birds? what in the world?!)

No we are scared some hood will start the Car and drive it around the corner and steal everything inside.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
tie;; he meant the shifter while in the yard!!! i'm sure he would pull key if off property in tractor or pkg car [i would hope]

feeder53

ADKtrails
Tie & Cove, If your post is about my statement, I take the key out when I am in the yard switching and when I am on the road. I work as directed. I would like to see how many starters they go through in a year though. I spent 7 hours in the yard with a road horse doing brownie moves and it takes a lot out of one to climb up and down the side of the tractor and do a full hook up and drop for that long. Almost wore out my finger with the key on it. It is one thing I think I would change if I could.....

feeder53

ADKtrails
They would love the HUMVEE, it has no Park (AutoTrans), and a lot of the new soldiers park it on a incline and jump out to find it someplace else........Talk about safety...We had two soldiers park on a hill above a lake....very expensive.

A

Anonymous poo

I do. I want my customers to be aware of my presence. If you beep the horn and they know it's you then it gives them time to either gather up their dog or get out to get the package from you.

I DO NOT yell "UPS!"

I agree. In fact I want everyone to be aware of my presence, including children playing. This could include a parent looking out their window and noticing their child meandering towards my parked car while I have my back to it. Last week a co-worker returned to his car and noticed his mental count of children playing in yard near his car was short by one. He decided to move on but a nagging voice in his head told him to stop and get out. That kid was under his car! A beeped horn probably would have not stopped that ill-taught child but I sure do feel better when EVERYONE knows I am here.

code5

Not sure if this would be counted as a method, but I don't see the driver side back as the prefered method of backing. A straight side back is far easier and safer IMO.

I was once training a new employee and he was backing up to the plane. I was guiding him and he suddenly swung around and darn near hit the wing. I almost had a heart attack! He simply stated to me he was trying to make a drivers side back as I told him that was the most prefered. I don't think so.