What is the policy on call ins?

Appvol

How long have you been at UPS. We plan our vacations in November so how do you have a week of unscheduled vacation.If you have vacation days to take you just post them a week ahead of the days you want off and hope you don’t get bumped. Don’t you have to have 4 weeks of vacation before you can take vacation days in individual days.

Petyr Baelish

How long have you been at UPS. We plan our vacations in November so how do you have a week of unscheduled vacation.If you have vacation days to take you just post them a week ahead of the days you want off and hope you don’t get bumped. Don’t have to have 4 weeks of vacation before you can take vacation days in individual days.
A year and a half. During peak when we had the bidding sheet up I didn't have a week yet because I hadn't been there a year. I have now been here a year, and now have those vacation hours showing on my paystub.

Appvol

They still should of let you did your week after your seniority date. In 2020 I will have 25 years and get my 6th week. If I wanted to I could take 5 weeks before my seniority date 3/17/1995 and I would have to take my 6th week after 3/17/2020. Is your seniority date during the time we can’t take vacation.

Petyr Baelish

They still should of let you did your week after your seniority date. In 2020 I will have 25 years and get my 6th week. If I wanted to I could take 5 weeks before my seniority date 3/17/95 and I would have to take my 6th week after 3/17/2020. Is your seniority date during the time we can’t take vacation.
See, I know that now, but we have the dictionary definition of scumbags as our management, and no one told me or the other 4 people in the same boat as me about that. So now I'm trying to schedule it.

And my seniority date is 4/3/17.

Appvol

I would file then because that’s BS and they are trying to screw you.l would call my local union to if your shop steward isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed.

Petyr Baelish

I would file then because that’s BS and they are trying to screw you.l would call my local union to if your shop steward isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed.
Yeah, I figured they were trying to screw us. Fortunately our local union head's son is a driver I'm friends with, so if asking one more time doesn't get it for me, I'll talk to him. I won't bother with our shop steward, because he is clueless. Told us he couldn't help us when our old supervisor was committing employee wage theft LMAO

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
See, I know that now, but we have the dictionary definition of scumbags as our management, and no one told me or the other 4 people in the same boat as me about that. So now I'm trying to schedule it.

If that is your real name and seniority date date then you need to edit them. That violates our community rules.

Username change is in your account settings. Here's a link: https://www.browncafe.com/community/account/UsernameChange

Message me about editing your post.

Appvol

Don’t ask again.Your management team knew what they were doing. You said nobody is off the week. I would file now. It can take time before they have a local hearing to settle grievances.

Last edited:

Petyr Baelish

Petyr Baelish

Don’t ask again.Your management team knew what they were doing. You said nobody is off the week. I would file now. It can take time sometimes before they have local hearing to settle grievances.

Well, my local sort sup is a great guy, said he is 100% okay with it, but our on road sup and center manager are the ones that have to give the okay, and are saying no.

I'll talk to our local steward just to see what he says on Thursday.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I'm going to assume you don't watch Game of Thrones? Petyr Baelish is a fictional character in a book series/TV show. I would never put any identifiable info up on here, don't worry.
Actually I did watch every season of Game of Thrones... didn't remember the name. Hopefully the date you posted was some sort of other reference that went over my head.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Apologies if this is in the wrong section or has been asked 10 million times.

I have a week of unscheduled vacation I need to use on the last week of October, and there's no reason I can find that I shouldn't be able to use it, but my center manager said no today.

I'm going on this trip regardless, :censored2: UPS I've already paid for a plane ticket, but for the short term I would rather not get fired yet, because the insurance is nice and I'd like to have it a little longer. When this week rolls around, can I just call in all 5 days? What should I expect to happen? I'm a clerk, and the only one who knows how to do my job, so I'm assuming they're not just going to fire me, but I'm expecting to get :censored2: for it.

Is there a way I can force them to give me this vacation? Everyone else on my sort gets minimum 2 days off a week except for me, so I really don't understand why he said no.

Thanks for any help.
it has been asked 10 million times. use the search function?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Of course not, the back injury I plan on having happened while moving furniture over the weekend. Why would I ever fake an injury?

I would never put any identifiable info up on here, don't worry.

LMAO!!!

Common sense escapes you right, mate? How many people in this company who work as clerks are requesting time off in October whose seniority date is 04-03-2017, and got denied? Willing to bet there is oh, IDK, only one person and their seniority date is also 04-03-2017. Imagine being a supervisor with a subordinate such as yourself who suddenly calls in ironically, on the exact date you requested claiming an injury...

Perhaps I am mistaken, but you already put enough information on here to figure it out. Good job mud duck!

Petyr Baelish

LMAO!!!

Common sense escapes you right, mate? How many people in this company who work as clerks are requesting time off in October whose seniority date is 04-03-2017, and got denied? Willing to bet there is oh, IDK, only one person and their seniority date is also 04-03-2017. Imagine being a supervisor with a subordinate such as yourself who suddenly calls in ironically, on the exact date you requested claiming an injury...

Perhaps I am mistaken, but you already put enough information on here to figure it out. Good job mud duck!

4/3/17 isn't my real start date although it isn't too far off, my actual supervisor doesn't care, at all. Thanks for being concerned though. I appreciate it.