What is the policy on call ins?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Don't be jelly that there is a clerk out there with more flair and awesomeness then you!
Until he can make a mallet out of bubble wrap, a trailer hitch out of duct tape and attach it to his center manager car, or a parking boot out of cardboard and attach that to the division managers car for parking in a customer spot. I don't want to hear that he is close to me in awesomeness

Turdferguson

Just a turd
LMAO!!!

Common sense escapes you right, mate? How many people in this company who work as clerks are requesting time off in October whose seniority date is 04-03-2017, and got denied? Willing to bet there is oh, IDK, only one person and their seniority date is also 04-03-2017. Imagine being a supervisor with a subordinate such as yourself who suddenly calls in ironically, on the exact date you requested claiming an injury...

Perhaps I am mistaken, but you already put enough information on here to figure it out. Good job mud duck!

Don't forget he works in the south too Colombo

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Until he can make a mallet out of bubble wrap, a trailer hitch out of duct tape and attach it to his center manager car, or a parking boot out of cardboard and attach that to the division managers car for parking in a customer spot. I don't want to hear that he is close to me in awesomeness
We have heard that story like 100 times now. Yawn....

Maplewood

Easy answer. You got plenty of time so just a grievance. Most likely your BA will call your manager and tell him how it works. Worst case, the labor manager has to call your manager and tell him how to do his job.

Junkyard Willie

I know this cat. Works at the Westeros hub. His Center Manager passed away due to injuries from a drunken hunting accident. There is still much confusion as to who the replacement will be. Much turmoil and confusion over there.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
First off, you don't ask for a day/week off, get denied, then pretend to be sick or hurt. Fired !!!

You should have been able to choose a week after your seniority date.
The Union wants all it's members taking their earned vacations and not working them.
They will have your back and I would file a grievance for failing to follow vacation procedures in the master.

I'd also suggest you become a steward since your small center could use a replacement.
Being a clerk, it is easier for you to follow up on what's happening around YOUR building.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Last week of October and the center manager says no? Crazy.

Go on Family Leave.

I hope you're joking.

Even if you are, there are people that would think that is solid advice.

Crap like that.... gets people fired.

Permanently.

You should have been able to choose a week after your seniority date.

Yep.

Even though it wasn't selected during the scheduling period, he is entitled to take available

weeks after his seniority date. Easy win.... if you don't do anything stupid.

-Bug-

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Little finger. The creep who sold Sansa(no clue how to spell her name) to Ramsey

B7EFDE25-C5E8-4188-A783-FC6D63A917B5.gif

iruhnman630

I am thinking a 1-week call out with no doctors note after being denied the request will limit your length of employment at UPS.

Were you denied due to staffing issues? Is somebody of higher seniority in your classification already taking that week?

Sorry, but it may be time to put on the big-boy pants and accept the fact that jobs and responsibilities sometimes get in the way of fun.

Edit to add: assuming the other options mentioned do not work out in your favor.