What is up with Marshalling?

Prince_Jumpjugs

So I have the chance to bid on 1DA Marshalling in Louisville, but finding out what the position involves has been not very easy. The description for the position mentions 'work as directed,' which I assume means there are a great many tasks around the plane one might be instructed to take care of. But what are they? On a side note, since I've only recently started looking at 6-hour positions, it *seems* like 6-hour Marshalling comes up rather frequently. Am I wrong in suspecting it has a high turnover rate because of pressure?

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Bid on it! Working around large aircraft is a huge (up to and including life & death) responsibility and skill set that take you pretty much anywhere you want it to.
ICAO standards are universal and a good guy with the wands / walker is becoming a unexpected luxury...

Good Luck!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
So I have the chance to bid on 1DA Marshalling in Louisville, but finding out what the position involves has been not very easy. The description for the position mentions 'work as directed,' which I assume means there are a great many tasks around the plane one might be instructed to take care of. But what are they? On a side note, since I've only recently started looking at 6-hour positions, it *seems* like 6-hour Marshalling comes up rather frequently. Am I wrong in suspecting it has a high turnover rate because of pressure?
Can you pass a background check