What It Will Take for Us to Trust AI

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I suggest we look at the way we start and finish our package car shifts. Why not have an AM and a PM shift. Get cars on road early to do whatever airs we have and resis. Have a later shift comes out and cleans up whatever got to the building later and handle pickups.
You have duplication of functions and won't happen as long as pay and benefits are what they are. Even then, you end up with a set up like Express where you have delivery and PU routes on essentially PT drivers.

We're in a gray zone. If we executed better, there wouldn't be an infrastructure problem, but we don't, so there is.

Every day there's a report about how many air packages planned for RFD and PHL scanned before 8:30pm (when everybody on the EC had a choice) end up in SDF. Every day some knucklehead on a local sort will mix RFD into SDF because it's easy, they can't get misloads, and 80 pieces don't matter, and they save 27 seconds off the payroll. But they add up over 1,000+ US sites.

So when we want to spend 1M a year on a new flight, we have to ask, well, what are the alternatives. And if the alternatives are if we'd sorted the packages right we'd be OK, the $1M is a tough ask.

The execution issue could be one of those little things that help drive the move to automation. You just can't convince some ppl about the bigger picture, because many of them wouldn't give af.
Be careful, you may get an STD.

Johney

I suggest we look at the way we start and finish our package car shifts. Why not have an AM and a PM shift. Get cars on road early to do whatever airs we have and resis. Have a later shift comes out and cleans up whatever got to the building later and handle pickups.
That sounds an awful lot like FedEx Express, aren't they similar to that and mostly p/t employees?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Yep!
Screw the future!
That was always my motto.
33% of Americans with no retirement money agree with this post.

25% of working Americans with less than $1000 in retirement also back this motto.

41% of adults (over 18) can't be bothered with saving at least $500.00 in their savings account, can I get a screw the future YOLO!?!

Last edited: