What makes this job better

JL 0513

Ever consider sticking your wiener in a meat grinder instead?

What's aggrevating is listening to the same songs over and over. Or worst yet, total silence. Talk radio is fun. Give it a try sometime. I already know you've never heard them in context. Everything you've ever heard about Rush has been fabricated. I personally see both sides all the time and what is reported that he and others "said" was never said. This happens everyday.

PT Car Washer

What's aggrevating is listening to the same songs over and over. Or worst yet, total silence. Talk radio is fun. Give it a try sometime. I already know you've never heard them in context. Everything you've ever heard about Rush has been fabricated. I personally see both sides all the time and what is reported that he and others "said" was never said. This happens everyday.
Compared to Talk Radio silence is a welcome. I do listen to NPR in my personal vehicle and since we have gone to using ORION on Saturdays I may just start bringing a radio to work.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I've listened to Rush a few times.

JL 0513

I've listened to Rush a few times.

Context requires 15 hrs a week with Rush. It all comes together and so much of it is "inside" knowledge. That's why a lot of people don't get it.

Today's world revolves around sound bites. He and others like him don't speak in sound bites because of the time they're on the radio.

PT Car Washer

Context requires 15 hrs a week with Rush. It all comes together and so much of it is "inside" knowledge. That's why a lot of people don't get it.

Today's world revolves around sound bites. He and others like him don't speak in sound bites because of the time they're on the radio.
And I bet he gets paid by the hour also.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Always the fall back by critics.
I'm not criticizing him, I think it's great his success has allowed him to pursue the things he loves. Oxycontin and Hydrocodone aren't illegal. I think all the liberal nutjobs need to get off his case for what he does in his private time. I have no problem with him being a junky. More power to him.

That being said, the fact you spend all your waking hours listening to political talk radio explains a lot about you.

JL 0513

I'm not criticizing him, I think it's great his success has allowed him to pursue the things he loves. Oxycontin and Hydrocodone aren't illegal. I think all the liberal nutjobs need to get off his case for what he does in his private time. I have no problem with him being a junky. More power to him.

That being said, the fact you spend all your waking hours listening to political talk radio explains a lot about you.

Of course we have gotten way off track in this thread but whatever.

He's not a junkie. Many years ago he had spinal surgery that was unsuccessful. He lived in severe pain. It's very easy to become addicted to that stuff when you're suffering. He hasn't been addicted since.

I don't spend all my waking hours listening to talk. I hear it behind the wheel at work, big deal. The music I like isn't appropriate for work so I don't bother with that. Or there's silence. So why not make the day as fun as possible?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I don't spend all my waking hours listening to talk. I hear it behind the wheel at work, big deal. The music I like isn't appropriate for work so I don't bother with that. Or there's silence. So why not make the day as fun as possible?
Political talk radio 9am to 9pm according to your previous post.
Everyone has their addictions I guess. Most of them rot your brain.
To each his own I guess.

JL 0513

Political talk radio 9am to 9pm according to your previous post.
Everyone has their addictions I guess. Most of them rot your brain.
To each his own I guess.

I'm only listening half that time. I'm working after all. It doesn't change anything about my life to listen or not listen. It's radio. It's background.