What Medications are you on?

MrBrownShorts

Hello-

Just got a routine blood test done and I have high cholesterol. My doctor is recommending a statin. As a driver, I get a lot of exercise, but can't seem to keep my cholesterol/blood pressure down. Currently I take an inhaler for asthma and will be adding a statin.

I'm just curious, what medications are you on?

rod

Retired 22 years
Hello-

Just got a routine blood test done and I have high cholesterol. My doctor is recommending a statin. As a driver, I get a lot of exercise, but can't seem to keep my cholesterol/blood pressure down. Currently I take an inhaler for asthma and will be adding a statin.

Having high cholesterol can be hereditary also. I've taken a statin for probably 14 years now. I started on Lipitor then the doctor switched me to Crestor (he must have got a better kick back prescribing that over Lipitor). I had issues with Crestor and request to be put back on Lipitor. When I went on Medicare I switched to VA healthcare for prescriptions and since the VA uses only Generic drugs I've been on generic Lipitor (Atorvastatin Calcium). I also take a blood pressure med. Through the miracles of modern medicine my "numbers" stay in the good range.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Bad Cholesterol can be hereditary.....sometimes no matter how much you exercise, only meds will lower it. I've had luck with vytorin.
Cholesterol used to be over 200 and now is a steady 165. Vytorin does the job for me and I have no side effects that I'm aware of. I started taking something else at first, but a side effect was a constant,cough.

rod

Retired 22 years
Bad Cholesterol can be hereditary.....sometimes no matter how much you exercise, only meds will lower it. I've had luck with vytorin.
Cholesterol used to be over 200 and now is a steady 165. Vytorin does the job for me and I have no side effects that I'm aware of. I started taking something else at first, but a side effect was a constant,cough.

I had chest pains with Crestor. The Doc even sent me in for a stress test and then to Minneapolis for an angiogram. They found nothing heart related. Said I was in great shape. After I read the fine print on possible side effects of Crestor and told the doc about "chest pains" being one of them he put me back on Lipitor. The older I get the more I hate quacks.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Hello-

Been on asthma medication for almost 30 years. I've used it all.
Ventolin has always worked like a charm but I'm not paying the name brand/geric difference out of pocket now. The new ones blow. Maybe it's all in my head but the HFA's don't work as well as the older CFC type they banned for the ozone reasons. The maintenance meds like symbicort don't do crap for me.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I had chest pains with Crestor. The Doc even sent me in for a stress test and then to Minneapolis for an angiogram. They found nothing heart related. Said I was in great shape. After I read the fine print on possible side effects of Crestor and told the doc about "chest pains" being one of them he put me back on Lipitor. The older I get the more I hate quacks.
Crestor is what I took at first.