What Newspaper(s) Do YOU Consider to be a Reputable Source for the Truth?

LarryBird

I find that I'm seeing more and more condemnation of those papers that in the past were always considered to be America's most reputable sources of/for the news, and therefore considered among the most reputable news sources worldwide.

New York Times, Washington Post, etc.

So what newspapers do YOU trust for the straight dope? And if you're so inclined, why?

OR

Where do you go for your news and investigative journalism if you're one of those people who've lost faith in all of the big newspapers/news magazines?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Paper?
tenor (17).gif

LarryBird

I want to add that your responses can/should include news magazines and websites as well.

In the interest of consolidation of space I only put newspapers in the thread title, but I'm really interested in hearing about all the forms of print media you consider to be trustworthy...the places you feel most confident that the information they're providing is truthful, regardless of whether they do or do not have partisan leanings, either real or imagined.

Let's leave cable news out of this discussion please. I don't really consider ANY of them to reputable with regard to providing news - they're propaganda masquerading as news at their worst and even the best of them can truly only be considered partisan based news entertainment in my opinion.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I've read the Washington Post for years, its just a good all around newspaper. Front page reporting is pretty straight, editorial section leans a little left but they regularly publish conservative commentary as well. Excellent sports section, in depth local coverage. When I was in delivery I took it to work every day and read through it on my lunch hour, these days I read it on my ipad.

newfie

there were so many that were wrong so many times the last two years that I cant imagine anyone honestly saying that they trust any. I certainly don't and I used to be a cover to cover reader of the local papers.

I now find myself skimming through 15 to 20 sources a day and then try to figure out where the truth is in the middle.
I enjoy taking the story of the day and seeing how each news sources will spin the same story.
its amazing how the addition or subtraction of a couple of words in a story can change the presentation.

oldngray

nowhere special
there were so many that were wrong so many times the last two years that I cant imagine anyone honestly saying that they trust any. I certainly don't and I used to be a cover to cover reader of the local papers.

I now find myself skimming through 15 to 20 sources a day and then try to figure out where the truth is in the middle.
I enjoy taking the story of the day and seeing how each news sources will spin the same story.
its amazing how the addition or subtraction of a couple of words in a story can change the presentation.

Clickbait headlines that aren't supported by the story.

And I agree most sources will jump on the same talking points and run with them even after they have been disproven.

newfie

Clickbait headlines that aren't supported by the story.

And I agree most sources will jump on the same talking points and run with them even after they have been disproven.

have you noticed how the media and key liberal leaders will perfectly spin the use of the same words in perfect harmony?

so on a day like Thursday Wapo , NY times , MSNBC , Schumer and Pelosi will all use the same key words from the same DNC talking points. How does that happen? Is Pelosi and the NY times on the same conference call each morning?

if you watch it the NY Times or Wapo would run some half cooked hatchet job on Trump at 5 am.
all of the liberal papers and liberal morning new shows would then run with that story without doing their own research during the 6 am to 10 am time slot.

you would see liberal leaders come out and get on the mike and reinforce those stories.

two or three days later that story that all ran with as gospel would be quietly debunked.

It will be fine

have you noticed how the media and key liberal leaders will perfectly spin the use of the same words in perfect harmony?

so on a day like Thursday Wapo , NY times , MSNBC , Schumer and Pelosi will all use the same key words from the same DNC talking points. How does that happen? Is Pelosi and the NY times on the same conference call each morning?

if you watch it the NY Times or Wapo would run some half cooked hatchet job on Trump at 5 am.
all of the liberal papers and liberal morning new shows would then run with that story without doing their own research during the 6 am to 10 am time slot.

you would see liberal leaders come out and get on the mike and reinforce those stories.

two or three days later that story that all ran with as gospel would be quietly debunked.
You should stop watching so much cable news. It’s not good for you.

newfie

You should stop watching so much cable news. It’s not good for you.

The post you quoted and the one before pointed out that I in a typical day I might read or watch 15 to 20 different news sources. The post you quoted pointed out that also read the NY times and Wapo. If you were to actually read what you respond to you might not look like such an idiot.
Not that it matters since it's clear by your Pravda spin here that your some kind of DNC bot.

It will be fine

The post you quoted and the one before pointed out that I in a typical day I might read or watch 15 to 20 different news sources. The post you quoted pointed out that also read the NY times and Wapo. If you were to actually read what you respond to you might not look like such an idiot.
Not that it matters since it's clear by your Pravda spin here that your some kind of DNC bot.
You seem obsessed with the news. It’s not healthy and judging by your posts, it’s rotting your brain.

El Correcto

god is dead
You can read any news paper you want. It’s the spin that you got to step away from. You need to develop your own perspective. Even Supreme Court judges can look at the exact same facts and reach different conclusions.

It’s okay to read the commie radical left wing papers, it’s not okay to take their opinion of what they are reporting as the word of god.
They also tend to lie by omission, inconvenient truth for their opinions are left out. You need to read both sides and form your own opinion. It doesn’t hurt to learn about America as well. The founders were not just a bunch of racist slave holders, they were some of the most politically progressive men in history.