What other perks do Express employees get to enjoy?

MAKAVELI

1. Apple 4% or 6%
2. Nissan, GM, and most of the other guys we ship. (I got $1,200 off for being part of Nissans VPP)
3. ATT, Verizon, T Mobile (I think it's 10%, 15%, and 15% off respectively) I could be off, but I do know ATT is 10%
4. There are various cruise discounts. (I've never used this one, not sure how 'good' it actually is)

Those are the only 4 I can think of off the top of my head.

nothing for FedEx ground or HD. I couldn't even get a discount to send a fax from a FedEx office location.
You are not a FedEx employee.lol

Nick9075

You are not a FedEx employee.lol

No I am not but I have to take direction from the senior mgmt at the terminal or else my contract will be terminated in a NY minute at I am always reminded. I miss these types of benefits that are offered at most corporate workplaces even now.

morgan

there is a list your manager should be able to print up of all the discounts to be had from being and employee, companies like Nissan many different hotel chains, airline tickets etc. all give us discounts.

Nick9075

so contractors get perks while their drivers get squat? WTF? i'm going to ask for a raise...

Uh no not exactly. I checked Mygroundbiz and I didn't any such mention of any type of discount off anything.. You guys really make enough that you can afford to stay at these very many different hotel chains, airline tickets etc.??

One of my drivers took a week off and went to Columbia and Vegas last year -- he does have that sugar momma (the wife who he says makes $40 an hour as an admin assistant at one of the major investment banks in NYC) so that would explain it. The only discount that would be nice is the one from Apple

HomeDelivery

just pullin' your leg, Nick... however mainegrounddriver has gotten a raise & he's living quite a life in the same northeast region.

he's also working less than 8 hours most of the time, while i'm busting my butt going to a handful of zipcodes per day & up to 250 miles so a 10-12 hour day is my norm with a rare 6-8 hour day when my service area is close to the terminal

today was ok, 6 hours on the road (60 service miles) & about 2 hours sort/load/pre-trip inspection/etc...

dHatch

just pullin' your leg, Nick... however mainegrounddriver has gotten a raise & he's living quite a life in the same northeast region.

he's also working less than 8 hours most of the time, while i'm busting my butt going to a handful of zipcodes per day & up to 250 miles so a 10-12 hour day is my norm with a rare 6-8 hour day when my service area is close to the terminal

today was ok, 6 hours on the road (60 service miles) & about 2 hours sort/load/pre-trip inspection/etc...

Long days man, have you ever stopped to calculate your equivalent hourly rate for such a work-period if you were to say..get OVERTIME PAY for that time? I'm assuming you aren't getting a lunch or other break those days either.. (Ex-Ground Driver here).

Nick9075

Long days man, have you ever stopped to calculate your equivalent hourly rate for such a work-period if you were to say..get OVERTIME PAY for that time? I'm assuming you aren't getting a lunch or other break those days either.. (Ex-Ground Driver here).

It's going to be hard to find qualified people who are going to work all those hours for $900 a week delivering as unemployment falls especially when they figure out they can be making over $50,000 with ups or express or even in

Nick9075

It's going to be hard to find qualified people who are going to work all those hours for $900 a week delivering as unemployment falls especially when they figure out they can be making over $50,000 with ups or express or even in one of the trades as I have said on here.

vantexan

It's going to be hard to find qualified people who are going to work all those hours for $900 a week delivering as unemployment falls especially when they figure out they can be making over $50,000 with ups or express or even in one of the trades as I have said on here.

I wish I made $50k!!

MAKAVELI

Try $70,000 +, fully paid health ins and a fat pension for UPS.

HomeDelivery

yea, i was slammed the past 2 days w/ mommy's day presents... I had to cover 3 different areas because they can't squeeze everything in their P-500s. 12-hours on-duty times :P i'm so worn out that i lost my appetite when i get home at 2100

hmm, that's a perk for HD, skip lunches & work until you're done & have no appetite when you get home & just collapse from exhaustion ~rinse & repeat ~ by the end of the summer, you'll lose 40 pounds!

another perk is i just drove home w/ the vehicle & saved a 30 mile commute in gas money :P

i did those calculations & based on my temp pay vs stop-pay i'm losing $30-50 per day. I'm a dumb@$$ for not sticking it out with UPS when i started as a package handler a long time ago... i'll see if that contractor will give me the raise or i'm considering becoming one of those off-the-street UPS peak season driver

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
HD, buddy, you're obviously not seeing the forest for the trees....Fredward (who was long-since tucked away with his family inside his cozy little mansion long before 2100) appreciates all your hard efforts, and don't you ever forget it. And after all, isn't that what it's really all about?

Nick9075

I think many are going to jump ship when they figure they are being screwed. We have apologist kiss a&&ets on this board such as bbsam and the other STJ ( do I have that right ) but it doesn't take that long to figure out that this "arrangement " is just a way to screw people and have the contractors by the balls since FedEx knows damn well they don't have to renew the contract for any or no reason.

The economy and job market are way better than 2009-2011. In the early2000s when unemployment in NYC was between 4&5% how did they find people willing to work for so little with no benefits

bbsam

Staff member
Interesting tone, Nick. I remember back before you got in. I remember telling you to do your homework and ask lots of questions. And now they have you frightened that they will yank it all away. All I can say is that's not been my experience. Take your $50 grand and wask.

Nick9075

Interesting tone, Nick. I remember back before you got in. I remember telling you to do your homework and ask lots of questions. And now they have you frightened that they will yank it all away. All I can say is that's not been my experience. Take your $50 grand and wask.

I did do my homework and knew about the risks. I will likely get at least $50,000 if not more from the sale. Some (if not all) of the drivers and helpers will be out of a job. At the end of the day its all about money. I am not losing anything and the person I bought the routes from didn't lose anything. I did ask about the one year and then renewal and I was given a different answer than I am experiencing and I always assume people are telling me the truth -- most of the time, some of the time, or none of the time. Again like I said, the NYC area is completely different

bbsam

Staff member
Nobody here was blowing smoke up your ass. As you said, it all comes down to the money and in your cas in New York it isn't worth it. In mine, in the Midwest, it is. Nobody is being an apologist or cheerleader for the company. It's all about the money.