What part of Telematics is this?

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
In addition to the usual rectangular box glued to the ceiling of my package car, several weeks ago, someone installed a new device to go along with it. I noticed it because of the crude way the wire was run from the rear of the truck to under the dash and into the telematics box. I asked a mechanic what it was and he had never seen one so I'm sure it was a member of management who rigged it in place. They tried to glue it to the roof beside the other box, but the glue didn't stick and I found it hanging. I went ahead and taped it up against the roof so they wouldn't accuse me of "tampering", and I guess it's been recording something ever since. Anyway, it's the only one I have seen in any of the trucks and I'm wondering what it is and what it's recording. Anyone else seen one of these?
0422101631.jpg

browned out

It could be a mirror so you can check your hair or see if you have dirt on your face (alot of customers won't tell you) or maybe it is a direct feed to America's Funniest Home Video studios.

We do not have the teli here yet. Can u post more pictures of what the hardware is or PM me with them. Thanks

SWORDFISH

If I knew their was a camera in my truck I would find the lense and cover it w/ dirt. Im not going to be recorded. I have nothing to hide but I still dont want to be recorded.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
The backing part of telematics is based on your back up lights. If you have wiring running from the back of your truck I would say that this is the reason.

chargedformula

Parts on order, will schedule
i have been installing telematics in the cars in our center and i have never seen that. the normal box glued to the roof already has 2 antenna wires going to it, gps and radio. so i wouldnt think its a gps box. there are a ton of unused plugs and wires coming from the telematics box though