What the hell happened to the like button!???!

over9five

Staff member
4n2sc.jpg

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Imported the old likes data from the previous system into a new thumbs up system. This one includes a thumbs down option.

Enjoy!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Lost of the like button reminds me of a supervisor messing up EDD. Didn't need to, and made things worst.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Imported the old likes data from the previous system into a new thumbs up system. This one includes a thumbs down option.

Enjoy!

A thumbsdown takes away from the score for a post.
You can change your thumbsdown to a thumbsup and the score goes back up.

Place your cursor over the counter next to the like/dislike buttons----it got really interesting.

The counter is a score for the post.

If you do as Upstate suggests, the people who liked the post are listed as well as the people who disliked.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
There are a lot of ways to customize the thumbs up system. Showing who liked or disliked a post is optional. Seemed like a good idea to keep it transparent, but we can always change those settings if they create too much drama.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The one annoying thing about this is you get a notification every time someone "likes" or "dislikes" your post(s).

Is there any way to do away with the automatic notification?

moreluck

golden ticket member
The one annoying thing about this is you get a notification every time someone "likes" or "dislikes" your post(s).

Yeah, we need to do something about that ....7 in a row thumbs down from you is irritating!!!!
Make that 14 now !!
Correction, 15 now.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

It is the same as the old system except only "Liked" showed up under notification.

I see your point though as your notifications will probably quadruple.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member

There's a setting in your account control panel.

Settings>>Messaging & Notification>>Enable notifications for new thumbs on your content?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It is the same as the old system except only "Liked" showed up under notification.

I see your point though as your notifications will probably quadruple.

I will "like" this post. Give it a few seconds and then look in the upper right hand corner of your screen to see what I am talking about.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just so people know....I had 17 or 18 notifications, all in red, which is thumbs down and all from the same person. Creepy!!!