What To Expect From Ups Second Interview

B

BlackMaRK714

Hello my name is mark and i yesterday i went for the informational tour at my local UPS warehouse. I now have a second interview on monday and im wondering what to expect.

This will be my 1st real job(im fresh outta high school and have only worked at mcdonalds for a few weeks before).

Any help from your experiences at UPS will greatly help me and is appreciated.

B

BlackMaRK714

The little yellow card with my interview date on it also has instructions to apply agian for the same posistion and is causing me some confusion. im not sure if im supposed to apply agian or not...

Fnix

Second interview means they accepted you to work there. Only people fit to work will make it to the second. They will ask you individually why you want the job and tell you they will call back.

Pollocknbrown

Am i like one of these rare people? that didnt have a tour, i just went in for my interview on the first gig and got hired if i wanted the job....

tieguy

Banned
The second interview is a walk around where you have the opportunity to see what the job is like. You may then meet with the sort manager or his representative to discuss the details of the job. Its a process meant to educate you to the fact that the job you are applying for is very physical. Its meant to help you better understand the job, the hours etc. When performed correctly the second interview process weeds out people who are really not up to the demands of this job.

Pollocknbrown

The second interview is a walk around where you have the opportunity to see what the job is like. You may then meet with the sort manager or his representative to discuss the details of the job. Its a process meant to educate you to the fact that the job you are applying for is very physical. Its meant to help you better understand the job, the hours etc. When performed correctly the second interview process weeds out people who are really not up to the demands of this job.

I dont know my HR rep did a good job of telling me it was physical when he said "i can garuntee you will go home drenched in sweat every night."

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
I dont know my HR rep did a good job of telling me it was physical when he said "i can garuntee you will go home drenched in sweat every night."

LOL. My brother was an athlete when he was hired by UPS several years ago. Mr. Tough Guy...he swore up, down, left to right, that he was in GREAT shape and would have NO problem. I laughed. He threatened to put my lights out if I didn't STFU. I just laughed all the harder. He took a half-hearted swing at me and walked away when I easily dodged it and hit the deck laughing at him. End of his second week in the hub, we were driving home and he admitted to waking up just about dead the previous Saturday. Moral of the story: if you think you're in great shape, UPS will teach you an ENTIRELY different definition of the words 'in shape." About six months after he was hired he was a lean, MEAN package handling MACHINE :w00t:! -Rocky

Lobofan5

My second interview was with the preload supervisor.

He asked me every illegal question that you can think of...

how old am I?
am I having more kids?

Then he told me if he had his choice he would have ALL women on preload because they are 'easier to deal with' than men...

AND I TOOK THE JOB!!!! OMG. I'm pathetic!

At my hub first thing that happens is you tour the facility, see what goes into unload, sorting, and loading. After all that you get the chance to speak with a HR rep, they call you a few days later call you back in. Sign all the papers and jazz. Then on the monday of the next week er start training classes that teach what to do with a hazmat, what BMW means, so on and so forth. Then that friday you start with your on the job trainer. They help for a week, then our on your own.