what to expect in 2010???

UPS Lifer

I don't use SEAS, so i am not up to speed on what is possible as far as management fixing numbers. I have my doubts but I'll take your word for it.

A missort can be applied in any instance a package did not arrive at it's intended destination. That does not mean the intended destination was 100% wholly correct on the 5x7, hand written etc label. If there are errors on the label, the package can be "correctly" sorted to the incorrect address and it is still a missort. Please, enlighten me (1) how that is the sorter or loader/baggers fault and (2) tell me that these statistics, not only missorts but misloads, SPORH, etc etc are near 100% perfect when then arent, not even close.

Prior to SEAS, there was a "greenbar" report that was generated by the destination where the missorts ended up. That report could easily be manipulated. A overzealous supervisor or manager could call the destination and plead to take the missorts off by giving a reason or excuse why it happened and if the destination agreed, they would delete the missorts. I had no confidence in that system!!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Prior to SEAS, there was a "greenbar" report that was generated by the destination where the missorts ended up. That report could easily be manipulated. A overzealous supervisor or manager could call the destination and plead to take the missorts off by giving a reason or excuse why it happened and if the destination agreed, they would delete the missorts. I had no confidence in that system!!

Interesting. SEAS basically took out that option; So at this point, just nail the employee with the missorts that possibly aren't even real or accurate. Then begin the discipline process. :knockedout:

pretzel_man

Interesting. SEAS basically took out that option; So at this point, just nail the employee with the missorts that possibly aren't even real or accurate. Then begin the discipline process. :knockedout:

No.... It doesn't work that way.... You seem to be reading into the posts what you want....

SEAS is very accurate and much, much, much more so than anything we had in the past.

BTW, GSR's are also much, much lower than a few years ago.

P-Man

UPSSOCKS

No.... It doesn't work that way.... You seem to be reading into the posts what you want....
SEAS is very accurate and much, much, much more so than anything we had in the past.
BTW, GSR's are also much, much lower than a few years ago.
P-Man

He's right, I have some really dumb hourlies that think management manipulates SEAS, but SEAS is as accurate as it gets..

UnconTROLLed

perfection
What are you talking about? I am simply saying that I put a package with a wrong zip, correct HR, correct town yet street add that was clearly going to the zip, and into the system to see whether it would come back as a missort. It did.

You just said that the old system, a manager could call in to that center and have the misload removed. The new system that cannot be done.

That is fine and I think , at least in a primative way, understand that point. But it has nothing to do with the fact the system is crooked to begin with and workers can be charged with missorts that aren't even real, and be disciplined for them.

If I am missing something please enlighten me. Not saying that sarcastically, either. But I was hit with a missort that was not my fault by trial and error which leads me to believe it's "all a bunch of B.S."

pretzel_man

What are you talking about? I am simply saying that I put a package with a wrong zip, correct HR, correct town yet street add that was clearly going to the zip, and into the system to see whether it would come back as a missort. It did.

You just said that the old system, a manager could call in to that center and have the misload removed. The new system that cannot be done.

That is fine and I think , at least in a primative way, understand that point. But it has nothing to do with the fact the system is crooked to begin with and workers can be charged with missorts that aren't even real, and be disciplined for them.

If I am missing something please enlighten me. Not saying that sarcastically, either. But I was hit with a missort that was not my fault by trial and error which leads me to believe it's "all a bunch of B.S."

How did you put it in?? I don't understand how that can happen? SEAS is very careful to not charge a missort unless its very, very sure. This is different from service recording. It checks service on every package, but only assigns the cause (derived exception) if its sure.

How did you put in a missort? I'm not being sarcastic either.

P-Man

UPSSOCKS

***.... SEAS information doesn't even generate until after the package is delivered. If your package was on time and you sent it to the correct place, you didn't get charged for a misload.... I think you are Troll.... ***

Last edited by a moderator:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
How did you put it in?? I don't understand how that can happen? SEAS is very careful to not charge a missort unless its very, very sure. This is different from service recording. It checks service on every package, but only assigns the cause (derived exception) if its sure.

How did you put in a missort? I'm not being sarcastic either.

P-Man

I can't explain it any better. The package info was a mixup due to either the shipper or person who ordered it, and I wanted to see if it would show up on the reports if I loaded it without verifying which was correct - the zip and hr, or the town and address. I "guessed" it. It came back as a missort, but IMO that isn't the loaders fault, because where I loaded it was partly correct.

UPS Lifer

I can't explain it any better. The package info was a mixup due to either the shipper or person who ordered it, and I wanted to see if it would show up on the reports if I loaded it without verifying which was correct - the zip and hr, or the town and address. I "guessed" it. It came back as a missort, but IMO that isn't the loaders fault, because where I loaded it was partly correct.

If the customer screws up and puts a bad zip on the package, it will get address corrected or be returned to the shipper. Nobody is going to lose their job over that rare instance of a customer issue. Any steward worth his / her weight would pick that apart. Any manager worth his/her weight won't discipline an employee for a customer screw up.... COME ON! You are just stretching for a reason to discredit a system that really makes a difference on the service UPS provides.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
If the customer screws up and puts a bad zip on the package, it will get address corrected or be returned to the shipper. Nobody is going to lose their job over that rare instance of a customer issue. Any steward worth his / her weight would pick that apart. Any manager worth his/her weight won't discipline an employee for a customer screw up.... COME ON! You are just stretching for a reason to discredit a system that really makes a difference on the service UPS provides.

I'm not stretching anything. I found one in the sort about 3 months ago, loaded it, and 4 days later it popped up in the reports. Convienently no where in the misload reports does it explain the customer or shipper :censored2: up, as you well know. Just the standard origin/destination and resulting late by day, highlighted with marker by the sup to as though to make an example out of me.

I usually find between 2 and sometimes up to 8-10 a night.

So what can we deduct from that? Just calling a spade a spade. It's far from perfect - and this is why NO ONE should be disciplined for misloads, period, end of story.

UPS Lifer

I'm not stretching anything. I found one in the sort about 3 months ago, loaded it, and 4 days later it popped up in the reports. Convienently no where in the misload reports does it explain the customer or shipper :censored2: up, as you well know. Just the standard origin/destination and resulting late by day, highlighted with marker by the sup to as though to make an example out of me.

I usually find between 2 and sometimes up to 8-10 a night.

So what can we deduct from that? Just calling a spade a spade. It's far from perfect - and this is why NO ONE should be disciplined for misloads, period, end of story.

Sleeve,
This is more about you being disciplined than anything else. If you load and scan by zip, the package is going to go to that zip. SEAS will not pick it up as your error. It is that simple. If after you place the package in the correct destination and something happens after you did your job, you don't get tagged for a missort. If your supervisor embarrassed you that is a different story but don't try to discredit SEAS because he either does not know how to analyze the system or made a flat out mistake.

Even if the system was only 99% accurate, you would not be disciplined for the 1 package. It is the other 99 you will be disciplined for!!!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Sleeve,
This is more about you being disciplined than anything else. If you load and scan by zip, the package is going to go to that zip. SEAS will not pick it up as your error. It is that simple. If after you place the package in the correct destination and something happens after you did your job, you don't get tagged for a missort. If your supervisor embarrassed you that is a different story but don't try to discredit SEAS because he either does not know how to analyze the system or made a flat out mistake.

Even if the system was only 99% accurate, you would not be disciplined for the 1 package. It is the other 99 you will be disciplined for!!!

Please listen carefully: The address label had errors. I put the package in the wrong destination. You are saying correct destination and doing my job. I did the opposite just to test these thieves we work for every day as hourlies. You have been out of the loop too long, I think.

pretzel_man

The only way a package gets on a misload report in SEAS is if the package was delivered late....

AFTER delivery, the system works backwards and says who caused the failure.

Based on that, it sounds like you loaded a package that got delivered late? They backtracked to say where it went wrong?

Tell me why the misload report was inaccurate then. The driver delivered the package to the correct address. The trailer you put the package in caused it to be late by day. You were charged with the missort?

By the way, this all started because I said service has improved. Catching things like these is what has caused the improvement. Sometime, the issue is a bad load chart. Yes, a missort can be charged and the cause is a bad load chart. Many improvements have been made just by fixing the load chart (not the loaders fault of course).

P-Man

UPS Lifer

Please listen carefully: The address label had errors. I put the package in the wrong destination. You are saying correct destination and doing my job. I did the opposite just to test these thieves we work for every day as hourlies. You have been out of the loop too long, I think.

Not sure why we are wasting our breath about 1 package that you purposely caused a failure on.... just to prove the system is not accurate??? Please!

SEAS is accurate. Move on to the next topic!