What to expect..

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Ya me to... How many hours a day or how many hours a week does UPS work the Tractor trailer drivers during the peak season?
During Peak, you should be able to max out your DOT hours and then some (maybe come in after you're out of DOT hours & shift (spot trailers on property only) if you're at a good-sized hub & you can still reset).."Make hay while the sun shines".

I suggest you go to Teamster.org and download the National Master Agreement (NMA) & Wisconsin Supplement (I think it's Local 344) and skim through it for all the feeder stuff.

Trucking

If anyone would like to fill me in on what to expect that would be great! It is the reason I jumped on the board so I could ask those that know why more then I at this point..

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
If anyone would like to fill me in on what to expect that would be great! It is the reason I jumped on the board so I could ask those that know why more then I at this point..
You sit and watch them load your trailers and ask the PT Sup over and over when it's going to be done even though your pull time isn't for 45 more minutes. Then you build your set and go to the next point. Drop them. Rinse and repeat.

Trucking

You sit and watch them load your trailers and ask the PT Sup over and over when it's going to be done even though your pull time isn't for 45 more minutes. Then you build your set and go to the next point. Drop them. Rinse and repeat.

Anyone know what the average 1st year driver makes with Tractor Trailer? Job description says this is over night.. The only reason for all the questions is because I was offered fulltime positions with 2 other company's.. I have a large family and I need to make sure I choose correctly. One was just under $60,000 a year growing within 3 years to around $70,000 .. The other I am out 5 days home 2 starting pay $75,000 a year.. Trying to figure out just how long it is going to take for me to get to this pay or higher.. I am starting I think at $19 with UPS.. I was told within 4 years expect to make around $36..

Anthonysg0113

Look at it this way...if it's feeders, you've got it made! On the other hand, if it's UPS Freight you get to keep your beard and not have to cover up the anchor on your forearm.

Anthonysg0113

You can go with any of the other trucking firms, but if you were offered a job with UPS, I mean really?, is there any other choice? I.e., in four years it will be... yes $36 plus a year and top notch insurance. Take your time choosing...

Trucking

You can go with any of the other trucking firms, but if you were offered a job with UPS, I mean really?, is there any other choice? I.e., in four years it will be... yes $36 plus a year and top notch insurance. Take your time choosing...

That is what I am thinking... I have my interview road test and physical on Monday.. This would mean I miss out on one of the other jobs.. I am guessing that if they are doing road test and physical they want to without a doubt hire me. I will pass the road test and physical with flying colors..

Last edited: