What to you do when you find cash while dr a package?

onehandsolo

It happens to me a couple times a year. I always leave the money under the box. It is amazing how careless some people are. I also find a lot of golf balls. I just the leave them on the front step for the home owner.
There r several house in golf course communities on my route. They have 5 gallon buckets of balls that people have mid played onto there property

The Driver

I drive.
TRAP.jpg

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
I found an envelope in my cab on the floor with cash in it, I asked everyone, preloader,off-loader,car washer, mechanic, then gave it to LP, after 30 days they gave it back to me, then I handed it to my preloader for not lying about it...

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Lifted up a doormat once to cover a parcel with and there was about $1.50 in change underneath it. Looked around for a camera thinking someone was setting a trap. Didn't want to take a chance so I grabbed the change in my pocket and added it to the pile. FedEx Home Delivery needed it more than I did.

rod

Retired 22 years
I found a loaded 357 Smith & Weston pistol laying in the snow while walking up to a cabin with a package one winter. I was walking on a snowmobile trail up to the cabin so I assume it fell out of somebodies pocket/holster while out riding. Nobody was at the cabin so I took it to the neighbors and gave it to him. The only comment he made was "he didn't like that neighbor" so I'm pretty sure he probably kept it. It was a NICE gun------

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
sweeping out trailers have found tons of stuff that has fallen out of damaged boxes. it all goes in the trash. LP told me that if I pocketed it and was caught that I would be terminated.

its just not worth it.

found paper money several times. turned it into dispatch.

rod

Retired 22 years
If you find anything its not worth your job. I even turned in stuff like nuts and bolts I found loose inside my package car.

I tried turning in nuts and bolts a couple of times but got that "WTF am I suppose to do with this" response so I took all loose hardware home and threw it in a 2 lb coffee can. I still use that coffee can stuff to this day. For awhile they gave me the job of sweeping out a couple of trailers every day. I made a killing in the hardware dept. then.

SCV good to go sir.

Hasn't happened to me yet, I wouldn't touch the money though. I wouldn't be surprised if these customers leave the money in a spot they'll know we'll see when we DR on days that they're expecting a delivery. They're probably peeking through the windows watching us, hoping we'll take the money, just so they can call UPS and make horrible claims because they have nothing better to do.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
We just had a 30 year driver fired for this and he is fighting it at panel. He found an envelope of money and tried to find who it belonged to. It was on camera and they are accusing him of stealing it because he pocketed it to turn in to his supervisor.

Hopefully he will be back with back pay.

Morale of this: don't even touch anything you see on the ground in your Browns. There is always someone or something watching

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We just had a 30 year driver fired for this and he is fighting it at panel. He found an envelope of money and tried to find who it belonged to. It was on camera and they are accusing him of stealing it because he pocketed it to turn in to his supervisor.

Hopefully he will be back with back pay.

Morale of this: don't even touch anything you see on the ground in your Browns. There is always someone or something watching

Has the supervisor in question denied that this ever happened?

browntroll

i wouldnt touch it, last time i went into the hub i saw a trail of $1 bills in the parking lot told myself how would the ppl that just walked by miss this
so i didnt bother picking anything up. found $10 in a trailer one time but i just turned it into sup im sure he kept it:pirate: saw him at the vending machine.
i do know a guy that likes to check vending machines for loose change not sure how that would work.

onehandsolo

Hasn't happened to me yet, I wouldn't touch the money though. I wouldn't be surprised if these customers leave the money in a spot they'll know we'll see when we DR on days that they're expecting a delivery. They're probably peeking through the windows watching us, hoping we'll take the money, just so they can call UPS and make horrible claims because they have nothing better to do.

That reminds of a customer who used to pay for cods in cash. I think he was testing my honesty by being 20 to 50 bucks over. I would count the money and hand him back the extra bill or two.