What will Peak Season results bode for the future?

Popeye

I think if Abney and the Management Committee are reported to have blown yet another peak season they will be toast. The Board of Directors will get rid of Abney and replace him with Price. Price will get rid of the rest of them. He'll replace them with McKinsey alumni buddies and the like. This will be the final nail in the coffin of Jim Casey's United Parcel Service.

upscorpis

As an IE person, you should know this coming peak we lose a week between Thanksgiving and Christmas. We had an extra week this year so things were spread out a bit more. The lost week will most likely create a bigger volume spike. If things go too lean, that would be a recipe for disaster.

As an IE person, you should know this coming peak we lose a week between Thanksgiving and Christmas. We had an extra week this year so things were spread out a bit more. The lost week will most likely create a bigger volume spike. If things go too lean, that would be a recipe for disaster.
IE is a recipe for disaster.

brownIEman

While what you say is true, as a former IE and former UPSer my pay attention and care limit is reached and quota filled reading and occasionally commenting on BC threads like this one. Good luck to all in '19, I've feeling it's going to be interesting.

542thruNthru

I think if Abney and the Management Committee are reported to have blown yet another peak season they will be toast. The Board of Directors will get rid of Abney and replace him with Price. Price will get rid of the rest of them. He'll replace them with McKinsey alumni buddies and the like. This will be the final nail in the coffin of Jim Casey's United Parcel Service.

Who cares. The only people that actually keep this company going are the laborers. 80% of corporate just thinks up and designs things that just make our jobs harder.

Abney, Bill Cosby, Carrot Top it don't matter. Too many cooks in the kitchen anyways. Don't worry though. We will fix your problems like usual. :)