UPS CEO: Thanks to automation, we're shipping more packages with the same number of people

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

i'm sure the managers did pass it up the chain, and i'm sure it will go absolutely nowhere

I am not talking about the lottery tickets themselves but rather the advertising material that they send out to every lottery retailer on a monthly basis. While we are able to get rid of most of them on the first attempt, there are those establishments that don't open until later in the day that we make 3 attempts on and then send them a postcard for a product that most of them throw in the trash upon receipt. Making them shipper release would be a win/win for all involved, lowering the costs for the lottery and allowing us to deliver them on the first attempt.

What'dyabringmetoday???

I am not talking about the lottery tickets themselves but rather the advertising material that they send out to every lottery retailer on a monthly basis. While we are able to get rid of most of them on the first attempt, there are those establishments that don't open until later in the day that we make 3 attempts on and then send them a postcard for a product that most of them throw in the trash upon receipt. Making them shipper release would be a win/win for all involved, lowering the costs for the lottery and allowing us to deliver them on the first attempt.
Go get 'me tiger. Lol.

BlackCat

You told us all that YOU do not DR shipper release packages at commercial stops.

How is this a win for you?

BlackCat

We usually end up with st least a half dozen that we end up postcarding, which is a waste of time for all involved.

And again.. How is that a solution to the problem?

If other drivers followed YOUR methods, they would be brought back anyways.

If I was in your loop I would have dozens of "suggestions" to help improve your route.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
We are supposed to make commercial deliveries during their open business hours. These packages are being postcarded because drivers are not going back when they are open. Your supervisors should re-educate the drivers instead of bothering the sales account guys.

If anything, Orion should be configured so the driver is there when open.

JackStraw

Can't see a place that sells lottery tickets being closed when we're on the road. Convenience stores and gas stations are generally open before we hit the road. Anyway, unless it's a stand alone store i indirect those suckers.

purehavanne

In our center. We have about 4 steady pre load bodies. The rest (10) are all new. With at least 5 brand new each week. They keep quitting. We can't get anyone for loading. Which is killing the drivers load quality.

Our on car\interum center mgr. Says we will run 38 areas. Well so far we have 34. He expects we will need 40. Because he even says the predictions will be way off. I expect drivers will be pushed up to 70hrs for this peak. Along with Saturday for those who have hours left over.

This year will be the biggest year for me. In my 29 yrs
i used to think that too

it's really more like, Amazon recruits intelligent tech people that create a tech and organizational infrastructure on which you can make creative ideas; UPS focuses too much on degrees and driving experience

THANK YOU for pointing this out

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We are supposed to make commercial deliveries during their open business hours. These packages are being postcarded because drivers are not going back when they are open. Your supervisors should re-educate the drivers instead of bothering the sales account guys.

If anything, Orion should be configured so the driver is there when open.
Orion isn't that smart to do it... it was 500 million for that software update and ups said no when it was time to pay up!!