What Workers are to UPS

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Ups is a numbers driven company and could care less about its people that's what i see in ups
Outside of your immediate work group that is 100% correct.
At least they don't send us off to die like the Army and the Marines.
Semper Die!

Last edited:

mrbrownstone

I'm not quite sure we are not viewed as humans. In my center at least we get pretzels on Mondays, fruit on Wednesdays and cold drinks when we come in on these really hot days here in the East Coast.

Sure they aren't giving us that much and obviously no longer the turkeys (before my time at UPS anyways) but at least where I'm at they have some small perks.

Some of the small companies I deliver to that are most likely privately owned *appear* to treat their employees really well but they are small businesses and I doubt they get the benefits we do.

NonDeliverOtherMissed

I'm not quite sure we are not viewed as humans. In my center at least we get pretzels on Mondays, fruit on Wednesdays and cold drinks when we come in on these really hot days here in the East Coast.

Sure they aren't giving us that much and obviously no longer the turkeys (before my time at UPS anyways) but at least where I'm at they have some small perks.

Some of the small companies I deliver to that are most likely privately owned *appear* to treat their employees really well but they are small businesses and I doubt they get the benefits we do.
Past years they had coolers of water for us in the morning on these hot days....come to think of it....they haven't done that yet this year and we are in a heat wave...been the hottest week of the year so far...as long as we have no accidents or injuries during the week....we get doughnuts on Fridays

NonDeliverOtherMissed

IMO...if you are black, female, or gay..yes I said it....seems like you could get away with anything at his company...it's the white males that are the most expendable...agree or disagree?

Box Ox

Employees are just numbers at tons of Fortune 500 companies these days. And a whole lot of them don't enjoy the pay or benefits we do. Many could be pushed out the door any time just to make earnings reports look better.

It'd be cool if the company treated us more like silicon valley tech workers. But a fat paycheck/benefits package, union representation and being appreciated by friends and family outside of work will also do.

BrownArmy

IMO...if you are black, female, or gay..yes I said it....seems like you could get away with anything at his company...it's the white males that are the most expendable...agree or disagree?

Well, traditionally white males have always been discriminated against.

White men are clearly disadvantaged in pretty much every portion of our society.

Honestly, in my center, if you're a white guy, well then, GOOD LUCK.

wayfair

swollen member
Had some heat related injuries in our building, 4 centers... 2 went down.

I looked at the wor and out of our 54 routes in my centers, guys were working 10-11 hours, heat index 105... no brainer, put in some friggin routes... holy sheeeet

JL 0513

Not sure what more we could expect out of this job. The nature of the job (drivers) is you punch in and leave. Then you come back punch out and leave. What part of the day would you suggest some emotional nurturing from UPS? Maybe a DIAD message once in a while saying, "Hey buddy, why don't you take it easy today. Bring it in and go home to your family at noon. The deliveries can wait".

Packmule

Not sure what more we could expect out of this job. The nature of the job (drivers) is you punch in and leave. Then you come back punch out and leave. What part of the day would you suggest some emotional nurturing from UPS? Maybe a DIAD message once in a while saying, "Hey buddy, why don't you take it easy today. Bring it in and go home to your family at noon. The deliveries can wait".
All I ask for is a dispatch that allows me to do the job right and safe while returning in time for the feeders and the air shuttle.

NonDeliverOtherMissed

Had some heat related injuries in our building, 4 centers... 2 went down.

I looked at the wor and out of our 54 routes in my centers, guys were working 10-11 hours, heat index 105... no brainer, put in some friggin routes... holy sheeeet
It's kinda like when we got a blizzard back in February...and they cut routes...instead of adding some and having guys take their time...maybe walk off a few they normally wouldn't....nope all about numbers no matter if it's 105 degrees or 3 feet of snow on the ground....they don't care about u or me or the next guy...just about lookin good to make their quota so they can get their bonuses

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You seem to be a bit manic.
I thought I was talking to Trump, not some wimpy little kid that can't handle the truth!

You cant handle truth.jpg