what would be most important about our next contract

more equal rights for the hard working ups women. create jobs that dont push us out the door to disability(poverty) when pregnant . especially if you dont want to selll your soul to management positions. i never will!

menotyou

bella amicizia
If you had ever been on Comp, then you wouldn't use that in your example. If you aren't a vegetable, but can still walk, you get 75% of your income for 400 weeks. Thats about 6 years. Then, NOTHING. For working as directed? Herniated disks don't show up as easily as, lets say, keys in your hand. I wish I had supplemental ins, but that is something you buy, not UPS supplied. TAW is for temporary. What about employees who work their ass off, do the right things, don't run, and still get herniated disks in their neck or something. They should have to give you a job of some type. Shuttling air, something. If you don't think so, then don't whine when it happens to you. They use you up and throw you away like yesterday's news.

menotyou

bella amicizia
75% of income when injured. Lets say you were injured part time then got full time slot, you still get part time pay on comp. You go back out 2 years later because injury has flared up, part time pay. Comp in NY sucks.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

75% of income when injured. Lets say you were injured part time then got full time slot, you still get part time pay on comp. You go back out 2 years later because injury has flared up, part time pay. Comp in NY sucks.

Comp in NY is among the highest in the country.

If you had supplemental health insurance this would not be a concern. I had surgery on both of my elbows, was out for two weeks and had light duty for two more weeks before being fully released. Got $880 from comp and just over $1K from Combined.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I wish I had even thought about supp. It may well be among the highest, but UPS should take care of its own. If the comp dr says you can go back light duty and your center doesn't allow that, you get half of your award all the while not able to work because your dr doesn't think you should work and won't release you. Try paying bills on that.

comp in ny state sucks ! i was injured in 2005 , got better. then it was hurting again in 2010. had to have hip surgery. but because case was opened in 2005. i get the :censored2: pay i made back then , 6 years ago ! im a 9 yearr part timer . normal weekly bring home of over 310. but comp is paying a whopping. 150 per week. could you live on 620 a month ??? comp needs to update to current pay scale . not screw you over and give you the wages of years ago....

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Triple time pay for all time drivers spend in the building from 8:30 AM until leave building. This leaving at 9 or 9:30 has to stop.

No use of EC unless every driver available is on the road.

If you call in and a Supe says "we really need you today" he should be terminated on the spot. I "really need" another route in my loop half the year but no one cares.

If you request loop work to fix your EDD so we can be efficient it must be completed in 5 working days or the Supe is fired. Why should we have the only production standard.

If you see it or your Supe calls you while he is driving, fired. Set an example.

Have requested number of totes supplied for each driver and loaded in the morning or shut up about containerizing smalls. You want the pieces in your small sort then supply the totes.

Stop aggravating existing customers while begging for sales leads.

Pay freeze with increased pension and health care contributions.

YAGOS

Remember UPS is making money and alot of it. We should get a raise, and keep all our benifits and increase pention. Why would we concede anything. We work extremely hard and deserve all that we have and should retain and gain in 2013. Please no more comments on what is the 1 thing we want to keep etc??? These are the attitudes of people who already lost the battle.

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
I would just like us to keep our current health and welfare benefits. With things going like they are in Wisconsin, I foresee problems with keeping our current level of benefits.

JustTired

free at last.......
I would just like us to keep our current health and welfare benefits. With things going like they are in Wisconsin, I foresee problems with keeping our current level of benefits.

Yeah.......I would have them put in the contract that under no circumstance will UPS hire Gov. Walker after his term is up. And that should be the next election cycle (if not before).

browniehound

I would like to see some kind of profit sharing program. If the company is going to keep drivers out on routes all night and constantly cut
routes to save a buck.Then maybe the company should share the profits with the drivers and other inside employee's instead of being so
greedy.

I was thinking along these lines also. We recently recieved a letter from the New England pension plan stating the fund is only 50% funded. My guess? Its only going to get worse. I'm planning for little or no pension when I retire in 25 or so years. In light of this information, I would love to see a 401k match from UPS. A 3-5% match would go a long way compared to an increased contribution to the pension fund that only subsidizes the promised benefits from companies that went under long, long ago.

Next would be pay raises. As long as the UPS profit pie gets larger so should employee's pay increases. Hourly and management. If profits slip then I would be for a wage freeze. However, if UPS keeps doing what its doing, I consider this unlikely.

An extra sick day or 2 would be nice considering we are out in the elements everyday and considering if I'm any less than 80% it really takes its toll on me to pull a route. As a sick driver, its too much to come to work when its minus 10 wind-chill or 35 with a cold, wind-swept rain all day. I mean if you come down with a bad cold or a stomach virus once and there goes 3-4 days, leaving us with 1 for the rest of the year.

I would also like the option of taking a 30 minute to hour lunch or anything in between. Let it be up to the driver. Give us more flexibilty to get out earlier if we need without having to give up any pay and it still fullfills the law requirement that all workers must be given a 30 minute break when working more than 6.

It also gives management flexibility. House call routes don't need to be idle for an hour and that person would be more motivated to huslte and finish earlier knowing they could actually eat dinner before 8 PM on a regualr basis or they might be more open to helping another driver knowing they don't have to sit for an hour at the end of the night (which isn't lunch but that's another topic for another day, lol).

Also, if the route is strictly business then the driver will take whatever is left before pick-ups for lunch. Now, delveries must be finished exactly 1 hour before pick-ups. We all know this is impossible on a daily basis and the center must send help for all the deliveries the driver couldn't make before the 1 hour lunch starts. Under the .5 to 1 hour lunch option there is an extra .5 hours of error that can be dealt with more easily than sending another house call driver for 5 stops and screwing up HIS day. To me, it sounds like everyon wins.

And lastly, like Over9.5 said: bring back the turkey! Its just a show of respect. Most companies give bonuses at Christmas. My girlfriend works in a doctor's office with less that 12 employees and she recieved a $2400 bonus AFTER TAXES. UPS' 4th quarter profit $1,000,000,000. Total turkeys given to its employees: 0. Its just a sign of respect and I believe we deserve some as hourly employees.

Am I asking too much? Maybe. But I don't think so. To start a different topic that I will post soon; how about we get rid of half of all PT supervisors. Think of the cost savings there! The full-time sup. could easily pick up the slack of half of these people and probably 80% of them. They really are dispensible in my esitmation.

Braveheart

Comp is different in each state and some states suck. TAW is not used properly or fairly. The TAW is only 30 days and they force it on you from day 1. It should be the last 30 days before you come back. I know a guy that worked 30 TAW then they kicked him out. Waited for surgery and then 3 months later no TAW to get what is know as work-hardening. Day 1 back they gave him an 11 hour day and worked over 50 that 1st week. That is not safe or smart. How about 60 or 90 days TAW? What about those permanently hurt drivers. Other companies usually try to find you another job even with less pay or requires a transfer at your expense but they at least try.

Braveheart

I have tried to get some "Aflac" like insurance and the moment I mention UPS they say no way jose and that is despite already having good insurance and the disability through the Union! I even offer to do a high deductable or 4 week waiting period for no benes just to have some sort of catastrophic coverage and they say no.

In our state it is only 66% of pay and only 2 years or 104 weeks. Also there is a cap and that cap puts you at 50%! Plus if their Dr says MMI then you start paying a co-pay out of your own pocket! The 2 years can quickly turn into less once you get the MMI too.

whiskey

Eliminate pay progressions. Pay local sorters and pre loaders the same hourly rate as the package car drivers. Why not, they work 3 times harder than we do in package.

Billy Boxtosser

Eliminate pay progressions. Pay local sorters and pre loaders the same hourly rate as the package car drivers. Why not, they work 3 times harder than we do in package.

Agreed. Preloaders touch 3 or 4 trucks worth of packages in 4-4.5 hours in our building. We need at minimum a contract like 97 where the part-timers got extra raises in order to catch up with full time rate.

UPSGUY72

Agreed. Preloaders touch 3 or 4 trucks worth of packages in 4-4.5 hours in our building. We need at minimum a contract like 97 where the part-timers got extra raises in order to catch up with full time rate.

That ain't going to happen why would anyone want to advance past PT loader. You get $30 hr, health care, pension, etc have the whole day to either have another PT job or do nothing and still bring home more money than half the people in the US.