What would you do?

johnhammer

There is a driver in my building that had a new vehicle. For what ever reason he always used 2 parking places. One day another driver witnessed him keying another vehicle that had parked too close to him. That driver went into the off and made a statement to management. The driver that keyed the vehicle was brought to the office and terminated. By the way unknowing to him he keyed a supervisors car. My question is, do you think it is the right thing to do? Catching a person destroying property and reporting it? It could have been your vehicle! As of this date the person that keyed the vehicle is going to the panel.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
OHHHHHH, here we go again.

Personally I would have reported it, as I would hope someone would report it if it was my car that had been keyed.
If the driver was that concerned about his car the he should have parked as far away from others as possible.
When my mom got her new Cadi, she would park in the 'north 40' of any parking lot to keep the doors from getting dinged.

rod

Retired 22 years
The firing squad would be to good for him. I hate people that destroy other peoples property. Leave your new vehical at home if you worry about it that much and drive your POS to work P.S. A friend of mines wife always parked her new car at the back of the 40 acre parking lot at the mall. One day a driverless car rolled all the way across the lot and guess whos car it drilled.

Fnix

Someone keyed my vintage truck in the UPS parking lot. Someone wrote "Ass" on the hood. I think I know who did it but dont have enough evidence to mention anything.

upsdude

Turn him in, take pictures if you can. I hate punks that damage property like that. He's not the type of person that needs to be working for UPS. Is he going to get mad about his dispatch and start damaging packages?

drewed

Shankman
Turn him in, if the panel gives him job back well either way the sup should have filed a police report and had him pay for the damages

Cementups

Box Monkey
I would have ratted him out too. I whs I know who put the dings in my car when I first got it. We avoid this probllem at our center by having unassigned-assigned parking. There is a whole herd of us that all park togetherso we know who is always parked next to each other. Same general spots, everyday. We even drive by empty spots to park in the same area everyday.

I'm not really sure UPS had the right to fire him over something done of the clock even though it was their property. he did not damage their property. UPS probably should have called the police and let them handle it that way. Funny that he took up two spots to not get his stuff damaged but when a threat became apparent he decided to damage someone elses. :censored2:

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
There is a driver in my building that had a new vehicle. For what ever reason he always used 2 parking places. One day another driver witnessed him keying another vehicle that had parked too close to him. That driver went into the off and made a statement to management. The driver that keyed the vehicle was brought to the office and terminated. By the way unknowing to him he keyed a supervisors car. My question is, do you think it is the right thing to do? Catching a person destroying property and reporting it? It could have been your vehicle! As of this date the person that keyed the vehicle is going to the panel.

Tieguy, was that your car that was keyed??

sx2700

Banned
I'd love to catch somebody doing that to my vehicle. I'd get an icepick and put multiple holes in every single body panel on his vehicle.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Fighting is one thing--malicious destruction of property is another. I see someone trashing someone's else property, I report it, plain and simple.

Termination is only part of his problem as I am sure the owner of the damaged car will press charges.

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
I don't know -

If I saw some :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: key another car, I would approach them, tell them I saw them do it, and demand they tell the owner of the car right then. If they didn't, I would find & tell the owner of the keyed car.

If it were my car that got keyed, I would want to take him out, but (and I know this is not the general opinion) I would NOT have made it an employment issue. I would not have told his boss.

Now if the owner of the car wanted to tell the boss, that I would agree with.

My bet is he gets his job back.

Shady Tree at UPS

I've seen this before a preloader did it to his p/t sup. Preloader was unemployed for less than a week. They were moved to another center in hub and had to report first day back with a $100.00 money order and wkly payroll deductions of $50.00 until $800.00 paint job was payed for. Key point the preloader loaded 320-400 pph and loaded entire boxlines irregs/bulk stops. Also walked off job (job abondonment).

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
Are we truly this desperate?

Excellent question - If it were my decision? I'd can his ass & call the cops as he was walking out the door.

However, the union will get him his job back. You know it, I know it, because we have to protect, save the poor ass-parking car-keying anger management poster child from the evil UPS management.

It will be another case of "Common Sense" is not mentioned in the little book scenario.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I've seen this before a preloader did it to his p/t sup. Preloader was unemployed for less than a week. They were moved to another center in hub and had to report first day back with a $100.00 money order and wkly payroll deductions of $50.00 until $800.00 paint job was payed for. Key point the preloader loaded 320-400 pph and loaded entire boxlines irregs/bulk stops. Also walked off job (job abondonment).

Again, are we truly this desperate? Is this the best that $8.50/hr will get these days?

upsdude

You said "Key Point", isn't that the point of this thread? LOL.