What would you do?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I would have said something along the lines of "I'm sorry, but there is a note in my board and it instructs me to deliver to the front porch" and if they remained insistent that the package went to the garage, I would basically tell them to take it or leave it.

Front Porch, or Refused.

Logb17

We had a driver almost fired because he refused packages on a mall route. He took a whole mall cart full of boxes through the front a clothing store. The manager yelled at him for coming through the front. He explained he was on the route cold, and didn't know the corridors. She still would not let him through the front, and wanted him to load them up and driver them around back in the pouring rain. He said either you take them or im sending them back. So he refused them all. They district manager of the store wanted his job.

He is banned from the route now.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We had a driver almost fired because he refused packages on a mall route. He took a whole mall cart full of boxes through the front a clothing store. The manager yelled at him for coming through the front. He explained he was on the route cold, and didn't know the corridors. She still would not let him through the front, and wanted him to load them up and driver them around back in the pouring rain. He said either you take them or im sending them back. So he refused them all. They district manager of the store wanted his job.

This is all I have to do to get banned from my mall route? Hell yeah I'll try I next time lol

barnyard

KTM rider
Mall routes are gravy once you know them. No weather or dark to deal with, and eye candy!

Our mall guy loves the mall, in a love/hate kind of way. He is constantly dating mall chicks. He just got a new package car with power steering. The other day he said, "I am lovin my route again."

DougHeffernan

Pouring rain? Lol I would have taken my time loading them back up then taking longer unloading.
You must follow ups instructions .. So I would have left pkg on front porch

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Mall routes are gravy once you know them. No weather or dark to deal with, and eye candy!

^^^^ What he said.

One of the malls in our area is 4 floors and is divided into 3 routes, 2 drivers and a full time helper. Whenever ANY of those 3 people are on vacation I am the top cover to sign those bid lists and my management team loves me on any of them because I typically run circles around the normal drivers. lol

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

^^^^ What he said.

One of the malls in our area is 4 floors and is divided into 3 routes, 2 drivers and a full time helper. Whenever ANY of those 3 people are on vacation I am the top cover to sign those bid lists and my management team loves me on any of them because I typically run circles around the normal drivers. lol

Ours probably needs two drivers but they cram it all on two bulk vans and the driver must drive back to the building and switch trucks mid day and he is all alone everyday. Also do u all deliver with two carts? If so this is a loss and prevention issue. We were instructed to only use one cart and it must be next to us or in direct view at all times!!!!

bumped

I would have done the same thing. If the package was on the porch already I would roll that over 70 down onto the dolly.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
^^^^ What he said.

Congratulations....I bet the regular drivers love you too....It's drivers like you who ruin it for everyone.

CAFAL

Common sense would have been to see if they were home. If they weren't,porch. If they were,politely ask where they would like the package. Will save you from lugging back and forth like you did. You get 2 clicks for an overweight

kingOFchester

Common sense would have been to see if they were home. If they weren't,porch. If they were,politely ask where they would like the package. Will save you from lugging back and forth like you did. You get 2 clicks for an overweight

Why would I see if they were home? Why do I care if they are home? The DIAD has clear instructions on where they want their deliveries. Out of 30,000 plus deliveries I have done in my short career, this was one of (if not the only time) where I was asked to deliver to another location.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is pretty much what I do every time. I will check to see if someone is home and see where they want it cause I'm not moving it twice. If not home then it's my choice.

I would have done the same thing with a note being in the diad.

I would have said something along the lines of "I'm sorry, but there is a note in my board and it instructs me to deliver to the front porch" and if they remained insistent that the package went to the garage, I would basically tell them to take it or leave it.

Front Porch, or Refused.

United Parcel Service.

CAFAL

Why would I see if they were home? Why do I care if they are home? The DIAD has clear instructions on where they want their deliveries. Out of 30,000 plus deliveries I have done in my short career, this was one of (if not the only time) where I was asked to deliver to another location.

Short career is also obvious. Why would you risk injury,waste time and get yourself aggrevated? I would have wheeled it to the garage,leaned it up and rang the bell. If they weren't home,porch. They were home. You lugged this thing twice for no reason. Look at the big picture,and expect the unexpected. You could have avoided this whole thing.They paid a boatload of money for shipping and SERVICE. Chances are the note in the diad is because of prior delivery concerns. They usually are. This should be a lesson learned imo

kingOFchester

Short career is also obvious. Why would you risk injury,waste time and get yourself aggrevated? I would have wheeled it to the garage,leaned it up and rang the bell. If they weren't home,porch. They were home. You lugged this thing twice for no reason. Look at the big picture,and expect the unexpected. You could have avoided this whole thing.They paid a boatload of money for shipping and SERVICE. Chances are the note in the diad is because of prior delivery concerns. They usually are. This should be a lesson learned imo

Nice adding a piece of the 5 seeing habits.

TheKid

Was it worth it ?

You are at a house that has notes in DIAD to DR all packages to front porch. Rural area, long driveway and a long sidewalk. You have an over 70 particle board bookshelf that you load on to your hand truck, wheel it up the driveway, down the sidewalk and up the porch steps. As you take it off the hand truck the customer comes out and says "oh, that needs to go to the garage." You respond by saying that they have requested all deliveries to be made to the porch. Their response is "when I am home the deliveries need to go to the garage". Now I am suppose to determine whether the customer is home??

Anyway, would you have loaded it back on the cart and taken to the garage? This is not a customer that I know and also keep in mind it wasn't a friendly request but rather an order.

BTW, I took it to the garage while mumbling some explicit things to myself.
I would take it too the garage. You make 32buck an hour they probably don't. Game set match