What would you have done?

35years

Gravy route
You call me I will report it...

You wait till after vacation...you will get another one..vacation, but it will not be the one you want.

Yes I will take you to the doctor and let the insurance company fight it out with you and your lawyer.
On what grounds would you fire him?
Certainly not dishonesty since you would have no evidence that he was being dishonest. He hurt it on the job. Obviously he thinks it was not bad enough to be off work initially. He has the legal right to report it after vacation. If UPS denies the work comp claim based on the manager's report without evidence there are penalties that he could pursue.

I am not saying it doesn't happen when you have a overzealous manager. At most he would end up with a warning letter for not reporting immediately. And UPS could end up paying double benefits and possibly fines.

Savvy412

Glad I didn't listen to bc

My ankle was fine a couple days later ...

Been working and back to my 220+ stops . Got a newborn .. Stay at home wife. And brand new house to pay for

Gtfoh if you think I'm gonna report a little ankle boo boo And try to live off workmans comp. I NEED OT!

Savvy412

Report, Report, Report. Usually, its no big deal if you don't miss time. Sups don't like lost time injuries. Reporting way after the fact raises to many questions of whether or not its fake. I got stung by a bee on route and texted my sup about it just in case.

So.. In my situation. (If this happens again) can you report a "mild" injury and still work . Or do you report it and it turns into a huge deal and you can't work

Cementups

Box Monkey
So.. In my situation. (If this happens again) can you report a "mild" injury and still work . Or do you report it and it turns into a huge deal and you can't work

you should report every possible injury. Just in case. Just because you don't want to see the doctor right then and there, at least you let them know.
Sure you went home end healed but what if you didn't. So you get home and realize it's worse than it is. You call your boss and say, "man I turned my ankle earlier today and didn't realize how bad it was until I got home." He's going to say, "how do I know you weren't playing football after work and rolled it?"

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Glad I didn't listen to bc

My ankle was fine a couple days later ...

Been working and back to my 220+ stops . Got a newborn .. Stay at home wife. And brand new house to pay for

Gtfoh if you think I'm gonna report a little ankle boo boo And try to live off workmans comp. I NEED OT!

logo.png

not

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes, you can and should report a "mild" injury, as you never know how you will feel the next morning. This is normally the case with me when I roll my ankle.