What's happening with Amazon??

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Which shippers don't care of and will take advantage of if it makes sense to them.
Which is complete bull:censored2: as far as I'm concerned. They have an unfair advantage through the government. Personally I think resi to resi packages is all they should be able to handle.

MAKAVELI

Which is complete bull:censored2: as far as I'm concerned. They have an unfair advantage through the government. Personally I think resi to resi packages is all they should be able to handle.
It may be an unfair advantage, but trust me this industry is full of unfairness. I don't fault the USPS for this , they are trying to adapt and survive.

TUT

Which I don't argue that point at all and agree, but when it is your $$$ you are doing whatever you need to.

oldngray

nowhere special
USPS dumps on their letter carriers almost like UPS and FedEx do to their employees. The problem with USPS is it is top heavy with too many unproductive management people.

jippsejames

I don't see a current thread about it, but hubby was told this morning that the Amazon contract is gone, so their hub is down 1000 packages/day? He was sent home today for the 3rd day this week.

I know people talk about the "8 hour guarantee" but the only thing they do in this hub (under local 710) for the cover driver position is guarantee you 8 hours of pay IF you work 5 hours or more. There is no "you are guaranteed 8 hours of daily pay just for being a full time employee"

The UPS roller coaster is going to give me an ulcer. Do they typically just lay people off if they lose a contract like that and business is down??? I mean if that happened, what is his future there looking like as a cover driver? (there are about 5 cover drivers under him now, and all have been sent home the last 3 days).

Ive worked at ups almost 7 yrs and been a tcd since 2010, my famiy and i have been riding the feast or famine roller coaster for about 3 yrs now, my advice to you and yours is budget budget budget, dont make any hasty purchases, learn to live on a rridiculous amount of money may-August and nov-dec then scrape by the other months

Good luck and tell your husband to hang in there

F

FrigidAdCorrector

The USPS is not government subsidized. They are a government corporation that is funded by the mail and parcels they carry. They have government loans. But are not funded by Congress.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

They don't pay the same taxes as normal companies.
Because they are a part of the government. DOD doesn't pay taxes either. They also have a ridiculous fund set up by Congress that may cause them to be subsidized. No other company has to do that.

T

Turdferguson

Because they are a part of the government. DOD doesn't pay taxes either. They also have a ridiculous fund set up by Congress that may cause them to be subsidized. No other company has to do that.
Department of Defense isn't in direct competition with private sector employers either.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
according to one of my customers, you're the amateur.... she'll buy one ticket and watch 5 movies... even brings her own popcorn container for the free refills... lol
I did the illegal hopping when I was younger. It's not worth it now that I can afford to do the right thing.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I would just say, I'm taking the day off today without pay. I'll be in the basement relaxing. Maybe I'll crack a beer mid afternoon and grill you a nice supper.
You're not getting it. I'm talking about taking an unsanctioned covert "me" day once a year where I can get away for the day. I spend the rest of my days off either staying home with a sick kid or taking it off to help my wife with something/take kids to appointments. I personally virtually never get sick, so don't need them for myself. If I were to be in a good relationship I'd be looking forward for any excuse to spend the day with my woman.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
You're not getting it. I'm talking about taking an unsanctioned covert "me" day once a year where I can get away for the day. I spend the rest of my days off either staying home with a sick kid or taking it off to help my wife with something/take kids to appointments. I personally virtually never get sick, so don't need them for myself. If I were to be in a good relationship I'd be looking forward for any excuse to spend the day with my woman.
Why did you marry this witch? Your words, not mine.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yeah my marriage is crap and it's only a matter of time before one of us files for divorce. Kids are only thing keeping me here.
If this is true I feel for you. I don't have kids yet but I know lots of people who are only still married because of kids.

I made myself a promise a long time ago that I'd never use my kids as an excuse to stay in a bad marriage. I hope I never have to make that choice.