What's in the Box?

T

toonertoo

Worn out, that is a bad place to be, been there, major drug bust going on at a red light and they waved to me like I was the one who dropped the dime, not real smart or safe. I only knew them because they were there with the dog everyday.

U

upsgrrl

Hello to everyone. This is my first post. Thought I'd share my 2 cents worth. How about a cremated body in the box?
angel.gif
When my uncle passed away in another state, my relatives had him cremated and shipped him home UPS!! Good thing the box didn't break open! (They didn't ask me, or I would have told them not to do it).

T

traveler

Many years ago a 30 pound box of live bullfrogs broke open in the Secaucus hub. It was weeks before all the critters were rounded up.

oops.gif

Though one would jump seemingly out of nowhere at times, there were no shrieks or screams since there were no women working in the hub or centers then!

B

browncollar

I'm in an air hub. We see live critters pretty much every night. Haven't had any such boxes break open yet, thankfully.

We also see a lot of medical supplies in coolers. I read some time ago about organ donations being shipped in such containers. The shipper was unnamed, but I have a suspicion.

P

proups

Just unload them, sort them, load them, and deliver them. I don't care what is in them except when a customer tries to sneak a HAZMAT in the air system.

R

rushfan

1 GREAT BIG REEFER. I saw it, (not smoked it). The driver knew it was a reefer by the smell coming from the package. He turned it in to mgmt. That evening, the customer tracked the package, and called in to find out what happened to the package. The person said it was a very important package. I don't know what else happened.

One day I made a delivery to a local cemetary. It was nda. The receptionist said, "there she is". The package was from a trust department of a major bank. I wonder if "she" was in a safe deposit box for a while.

T

toonertoo

Once had a slightly wet box, needed rewrapped, turned out a 2 yr old baby was dug up and shipped to the town where the parents had moved. Instead of delivering it by ambulance or hearse as the parents had paid for it was shipped 2nda, for about 15 bucks, to the cemetary where no one was available to sign, and would have been mortified to sign for it if he had been, Never found out what happened, big lawsuit and justified I would say, all I know is I didnt sleep for days.

true_1_ace

Re: What's in the Box?

I actually deliverd a thawed out roast beef(not cooked) to a house xmas eve ,it was a warm christmas at +2 deg ,there was blood all over my truck from this thing dripping it was 10 oclock at night I dr this thing on the door step and didn't dare ring the door bell to hear "im not receiving that" and left .... remember the ...dont come back with xmas pkg and take all your areas stops days :cursing:

S

speeddemon

We had a whole bunch of ..um...adult toys bust out of a box, humming in unity. It was TOOO funny! BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

rushfan

We had "green hides" come through. They are the hides off cows before they are treated. They had maggots on them.

Before we had ups online, a customer shipped lobsters from Maine to our state in the west. They used a ground label instead of NDA label. It was summer, so you can imagine the smell of them after a 5 day trip in a hot trailer.

tooner:

One of the worst deliveries I have to do is deliver baby caskets to a mortuary on my area. One good thing is the funeral home donates the caskets and all the costs to the parents.

Now that I've brought everyone down, We had bees open in an air container. I voluntered to open the can to let the bees out.

Last edited:

over9five

Staff member

Have you seen the live bugs come thru for snakes (food)? They're in screen boxes so you can see them. Yuck!

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member

When I get that question I will usually shake it and tell the ladies, "Sounds like sex toys!". They never ask again and everyone smiles when they see me.