What's the best way to let my driver's management know he's awesome?

jaker

trolling
Isn't it sad the way this company is , we can't even get compliments and if we do get one at our hub they put the concern paper on the door and that's it Nobody says anything to you about it

OP just leave a note saying thank you or catch him at the door with a drink when you can

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
@kene1024, first off, get your name and e-mail out of your post. That's a no-no here.

It's because down here in the real world where everyone doesn't throw plastic bottles in the recycle bin, our management team, along with drivers, are overworked and DGAF anymore about the details. When someone gives an example about something wrong in their center, your usual retort is an example of how it should be and is in your center, as if your center has no issues, barring ORION, in which case you admit is FUBAR.

The funny thing is, the only thing Davey knows about ORION is what he reads here.

Hand him a gift card to a nice restaurant. That would send the message.

This is probably the best suggestion.

CHALLY9TX

In our hub drivers are always told about a compliment that came in and are recognized during the PCM. OP should absolutely call the 1-800 number. Compliments are rare. People are more motivated to call in concerns than compliments.

kene1024

@kene1024, first off, get your name and e-mail out of your post. That's a no-no here.

Thanks for the tip. But I can't figure out how to edit my post. Can someone tell me how, or a moderator do it for me?

I think the gift card idea is the best one so far. Thanks everybody.

The funny thing is, the only thing Davey knows about ORION is what he reads here.

This is probably the best suggestion.

Thanks for the tip. But I can't figure out how to edit my post. Can someone tell me how, or a moderator do it for me?

Last edited by a moderator:

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Let the driver know directly. Every UPS center is different. Some might give recognition, some ignore and others might actually be negative to the driver. A simple thank you, cold drink or a gift card are great. I had that happen and I'll tell you that the driver will remember and appreciate that more.

When a driver has been on a route long enough, it becomes almost like a second family. You learn people's stories and they learn yours. It's one of the few things left that is good about this job that management hasn't tainted in some way.

Tell the driver he has nice legs in the summer
Months. Give him a water or Gatorade. In He winter offer his m a warm cup of coffee and tell him you appreciate how he works out in the cold.