What's the Deal with HR?

SomeRandomNonhire

As the title says,

I've been having an ongoing problem of the UPS HR department not responding back to my messages, or outright ghosting me. I applied for a seasonal package delivery driver a month or so ago. When I went to the "interview", the HR rep told all of us Seasonal Package Delivery Drivers to get our DOT testing done, which I did. I told the HR reps that I passed my DOT test and I was ready for my driver's test before they sent me out to Intergrad.

Fast forward a week, I told the HR rep through email that the HR person from the interview wasn't responding to my messages and I passed my DOT test, the HR rep through the email said the HR person from the interview would contact me the following week about scheduling a road test. Following this current mid-week, with nothing but absolute silence, I finally got a text message from the main HR person who conducted the interview, they told me they needed to take a road test at the hub I applied at; I did that and passed with no problems whatsoever. The supervisor and I both messaged the HR person from the interview that I was ready for the next step.

For the next two days, I heard nothing from anyone, which is interesting, considering they want me to go to Intergrad this following weekend. So, I took the initiative and told the HR person from the interview that I need to know what the next step is within my application process; just so I can give a formal notice to my current employer and not burn a bridge with them.

Finally, the HR person from the interview called me and asked if I'm free to go to Intergrad this upcoming week, I told him "yes". After that, he asked if I got my uniform, I told him, "no". At the end of the phone call, they told me that my background process wasn't completed and he'd call me back in a "few minutes" and get it all sorted out. Well, it's been almost three hours since the HR person said they'd call me back ,and I haven't gotten a phone call or text message from anyone whatsoever.

Should I just go on with life and ignore this mishap and stop trying to fight the constant agony and frustration of what is going on with my application? I know that I'm just chasing a dragon, but I had somewhat of a optimistic hope of becoming permanent after peak season was done, I'd even be content with being a package handler or 22.3(4), until it's my time to shine and become a full-time driver in whatever amount of years it takes in this hub, especially since I worked for USPS for a few years as a mail carrier.

Thanks for listening to my rumbling and incoherent rant.

iowa boy

We are still having issues figuring out how to get out of a wet paper bag that's under water. Don't expect hr to be very responsive until they need you.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
D6432B9A-8293-4B6F-A956-FEA40CA22217.jpeg
I finally got a text message
Why cant people use these things anymore?

dysphunktion

A decent sup
It's really your call man. But I have to tell you, please don't go into this thinking that this will, or even has a high chance of, turning into something...more.
Sure, I'd love to bring aboard all the seasonal guys that come in and do good work but it's just not something that happens too often.
As for sticking around, waiting for HR, again, entirely up to you. Give them a message/email/text/call tomorrow and if they don't get with you, the damn day before you are supposed to go, yikes.
HR is really hammered right now, across the US. There is the usual rush to hire help but most areas are trying to do it earlier this year so yeah, blah blah, you get what I'm saying! :P

SomeRandomNonhire

It's really your call man. But I have to tell you, please don't go into this thinking that this will, or even has a high chance of, turning into something...more.
Sure, I'd love to bring aboard all the seasonal guys that come in and do good work but it's just not something that happens too often.
As for sticking around, waiting for HR, again, entirely up to you. Give them a message/email/text/call tomorrow and if they don't get with you, the damn day before you are supposed to go, yikes.
HR is really hammered right now, across the US. There is the usual rush to hire help but most areas are trying to do it earlier this year so yeah, blah blah, you get what I'm saying! :P
Thanks for the helpful comment, I appreciate it. I'll just reconsider my decision of wanting to pursue a job in the package delivering business again, rofl lmao.

dysphunktion

A decent sup
Thanks for the helpful comment, I appreciate it. I'll just reconsider my decision of wanting to pursue a job in the package delivering business again, rofl lmao.

I hear ya man. You can't wait around for her to call you back. Sure, you had a good first date. But you're young, full of uh...yeah. Can't expect you to wait for them to suddenly realize they need you.
:P

PLEASE don't take this forum to represent UPS. This place is filled with angry lifers who have no idea how to spend their retirement so they come here, a familiar place. They talk a lot of crap about UPS but still need it in their lives and here they are. It's a good place to work.

SomeRandomNonhire

You won't last long here.
You're right, I probably won't. When I was at the Post Office, I got sick of delivering multiple trays of mail and parcels inside of a small LLV. From a USPS perspective, I thought it was pure ecstasy and unreal that UPS drivers only have to deal with parcels, but the workload is probably the same at UPS, or worse.

Last edited: