What's the exact protocol for misloads?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We should first distinguish between misloads in the car and off area misloads. Misloads in the car are a nuisance but are not reported to mgt and are run off by the driver. Misloads off area are reported to mgt through the DIAD. We indicate whether or not we will be able to run off the misload. Mgt will direct us what to do with misloads that we cannot run off---they will either be left at a pickup stop to be run off or they will be sheeted as missed. Misloads reported through the DIAD will drop out of the EDD of the affected driver so that he/she does not have to spend time looking for it. We are also told to send in the 1Z's of missing packages.

OptimusPrime

The reason I say it seems wishy washy is this. Fairly typical for me to have at least one a day, and many days three. So I have been sending in a message about them, always saying no, that I can't deliver them. Some days they will respond to deliver 1, sometimes 2, sometimes not at all. And these are all in my loop or whatever its called. Haven't heard any grief about it.

menotyou

bella amicizia
At our center, you scan them as soon as you find them. The center will call and they will tell you what to do with it(deliver, drop at a meet point, whatever).

Salem

We should first distinguish between misloads in the car and off area misloads. Misloads in the car are a nuisance but are not reported to mgt and are run off by the driver. Misloads off area are reported to mgt through the DIAD. We indicate whether or not we will be able to run off the misload. Mgt will direct us what to do with misloads that we cannot run off---they will either be left at a pickup stop to be run off or they will be sheeted as missed. Misloads reported through the DIAD will drop out of the EDD of the affected driver so that he/she does not have to spend time looking for it. We are also told to send in the 1Z's of missing packages.

That's exactly how we are instructed in our center.

EmraldArcher

You didn't really distinguish between the two. How can it be a misload if it's in your area?

oldtymer

Ups knows what they are doing so if they put it in my car they must want me to deliver it! This company would screw up a one car funeral proccession!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The protocol is do what ever your supervisor tells you to do anything less and you will be insubordinate.

" I am doing the best I can.... In the safest manner possible."

Any employee has the right to question an instruction.... Or have it clarified.

Ask for it to be demonstrated.

-Bug-

AKCoverMan

We too are to send the misload msg in the DIAD as soon as an off area misload is found.. and I know some people don't becuase they don't want to be told to deliver it. If I can't find a package on car I report it (although I don't type the 1Z number in just the address.. they have the entire EDD at their finger tips I don't need to type in the stinking number) but I never remove it from EDD with the "NtFnd" soft key.. if I never get a misload msg about it then probably someone just turned it into a blend again.

I don't mind running off misloads it's easy money windshield time to drive across the city for one stop. But I hate having not-founds.. takes more time than a stop and you don't even get a stop for it!

What really burns me are notfounds that the center later tells me were pulled for will call or intercept or reroute or what have you.. but they still are in EDD.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If I can't find a package on car I report it (although I don't type the 1Z number in just the address.. they have the entire EDD at their finger tips I don't need to type in the stinking number)

What if there are two or more packages for that address?

It would be so much easier for all involved if you simply typed in the missing 1Z(s).

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We send in HIN and last four of barcode.

How much more work would it be to send in the 1Z? The OMS would then cut and paste in to the tracker.

The one upgrade I would like to see is any rewraps or LIB's scanned and dropped out of EDD. I don't know how many times I have sent in 1Z's only to be told it is a rewrap or LIB.