What's The Origin Of Your User Name?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hoaxter, who's the guy in your avatar?

That's me ... actually my sinister looking alter-ego. :funny: Took a picture of me and goofed around with it using Photoshop and came up with the Avatar.

My wife had major back surgery back in 2004 and I saved up 4 weeks vacation and took 3 weeks FMLA so I could stay home and take care of her (ain't that nice). During that period I grew a beard and let my grow out.
The baseline picture was taken the day I shaved it all off and went back to work the next day. When I retire, the beard will start again.

My wife says I look like the terrorist they captured in Pakistan a few years back and ...
Yes, as she points out, I have No Shame. :wink2:

over9five

Staff member
Nice job with the photo shop. I saw your (actual?) photo on your profile page, but I didn't make a connection.

AND, (agreeing with your wife) I thought it was some terrorist!

browniehound

Believe it or not, I'm actually proud of it and enjoy what I do-to a point. I don't like what the dispatch has done to us in the last few years. I don't agree with it, I think it dosen't make any sense, and I think I could do a far better job than the person doing it now. This is what makes me a "Browniehound"!

I'm serious that I think I can do a better job than the current dispacth sup. I don't have to be smarter than him, but I know I am. I can do a better job because I know most of the routes and all of the area. The fact the he is ingnorant to the area I can't blame on him, but should't he learn it? This part of the job I would blame on HIS boss.

I know its a difficult job, but it becomes impossible if you have never done any of the routes!! Why would you make someone a dispacth sup. if he never supervised or driven in any of the towns he is dispatching?

I know I'm not smarter than the divsion manager, but why would he let this person exist in this position?

Now, if I'm told to run x routes I can't tell you the drivers will be overdispatched. I can tell you however, that the right drivers would get the right businesses dispacthed to their route. If I was running the dispacth there would be no missed when routes are cut.

Instead I get 6 business stops amounting to 25+ packages at the end of my EDD. To put icing on the cake, I get NDA Savers for these businesses!
My truck is 100% every morning so I can't even dig them out to give them to someone who can make service on them.

Let's just leave everything else out, yet you can't logically explain the reason for this. Why in God's great green earth would you dispatch NDA Savers in section 8977? How can he do this and still have a job? EDD/PAS's goal was to end sorting and allow the driver to open his door and grab the next stop. How is this goal accomplished when our dispacth sup. has businesses PALed to the 8000 section?

I can't get passed this! How is he allowed to do this? NDA SAVERS PAL'ed to the FRIGGIN 8000 section??? My sup. knows but doesn't change it. Its not like I'm on a strict residential route. I deliver businesses up to 1400 and then take lunch until 1500. I still have a few businesses left after 1500 so making those savers in section 8000 is impossible. Also its not like these savers are close, they are from another route that was cut and its a good 3 mile drive, one-way, to get there:dead:.

I will reiterate. How is this allowed to happen at UPS? HOW CAN NDA SAVERs be PAL'ed to section 8000 knowing that these are going to businesses. HOW CAN THIS BE PLANNED BY PEOPLE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAKING US MONEY?????

browniehound

Nice job with the photo shop. I saw your (actual?) photo on your profile page, but I didn't make a connection.

AND, (agreeing with your wife) I thought it was some terrorist!

Dear Mr. Over9.5,
I always assumed your name was based on the time-honored rule at UPS that a driver never go over 9.5 hours. I didn't realized that, perhaps you were influenced by the over 9.5 concept, you were thinking about a body part when you created your BC name:wink2:.

In that light, I think your BC name is one of the best I've ver read! Also, I now have some new-found great respect for you:happy-very::happy-very::happy-very:!

On a serious note, thanks for telling me to keep my BC name. I heard the line in the movie "The Breakfast Club" and thought it would be perfect to use in a forum about UPS that image is personified with its use of brown uniforns and trucks.

I never intended to come off as a child molester who is preying on the "brownies". The "brownies" are pre-gril scouts where I come from.

I'm a "browniehound" because I work at UPS and drive the the chocolate brown trucks.

browndevil

Dear Mr. Over9.5,
I always assumed your name was based on the time-honored rule at UPS that a driver never go over 9.5 hours. I didn't realized that, perhaps you were influenced by the over 9.5 concept, you were thinking about a body part when you created your BC name:wink2:.

In that light, I think your BC name is one of the best I've ver read! Also, I now have some new-found great respect for you:happy-very::happy-very::happy-very:!

On a serious note, thanks for telling me to keep my BC name. I heard the line in the movie "The Breakfast Club" and thought it would be perfect to use in a forum about UPS that image is personified with its use of brown uniforns and trucks.
BH I think you have the best avatar and I hope you never change it. Dharma,learn it, live it.:happy2:Anyway let me digress...Have you heard about the boy who joined the girl scouts? He got kicked out for eating a brownie
I never intended to come off as a child molester who is preying on the "brownies". The "brownies" are pre-gril scouts where I come from.

I'm a "browniehound" because I work at UPS and drive the the chocolate brown trucks.

browndevil

Browniehound you have the best avatar and I hope you never change it. Dharma, learn it, live it. I need to digress....Did you hear about the boy who joined the girl scouts? He got kicked out for eating a brownie.:happy2:

Forty6and2

I'm Broken
"Forty-Six & 2" is a song by American progressive metal band Tool from their 1996 album Ænima. It was also released in the form of a promo single, and received radio airplay.
Since the Ænima tour, Tool has performed "Forty-Six & 2" at nearly every show.

The title references an idea first conceived by Drunvalo Melchizedek concerning the possibility of reaching a state of evolution at which the body would have two more than the normal 46 total chromosomes and leave a currently disharmonious state. The premise is that humans would deviate from the current state of human DNA which contains 44 chromosomes and 2 sex autosomes. The next step of evolution would likely have 46 and 2 chromosomes in their DNA. It is thought that the reason Jesus was able to perform all of his "miracles" was because he had the extra 2 chromosomes. When your body is ready to receive them, then you are ready for the next step in evolution and a harmonious state.
Furthermore, the song references a wish to experience change through the "
shadow"; an idea which represents the parts of one's personality that one hates and fears, which also exists as a recurring theme in the work of Carl Jung.

"Forty-Six & 2"

so yeah i guess you can say that i like the band TOOL.

Last edited:

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
user name seemed funny, what is really funny i get about three emails a day saying someone tried to use my name .....gotta love it

browniehound

"The "brownies" are pre-gril scouts "

Brownie....then they stay with Bobby Flay and become post-grill scouts !!

:happy-very::happy-very:

More, I haven't watched Bobby Flay in at least two years, so I totally missed your joke. Can you enlighten me or jog my memory a bit please?

I have watched many Bobby Flay shows but I don't recall anything about brownies:sad-little:. I'm sorry.:dissapointed:

browniehound

Browniehound you have the best avatar and I hope you never change it. Dharma, learn it, live it. I need to digress....Did you hear about the boy who joined the girl scouts? He got kicked out for eating a brownie.:happy2:

My avatar is from an organization that was founded in 1970. If you are interested in the "DHARMA Intitative" which is actually an acronym for:
Department of Heuristics And Research on Material Initiative, there are many sources of information I can point you towards.

I love discussing anything to do with DHARMA, so if you have questions please PM me and I would love to talk about it!

Also, let me know if a dedicated thread would be appropriate?

Last edited:

Black_6_Leader

If we lost our code books, "Black 6" was the emergency unit designation for my company back in my US Army days. As I was the company commander, I was "Black 6 Leader"

Osprey413

Bull**** Coordinator
I picked up this name a long time ago, can't even remember when. It was originally because I was fascinated by the Osprey V-22, the 413 was tacked on from an old email address because Osprey was already taken.

Another user name I use a lot is Hingo, which was a hybrid between my first name and Ringo Starr.