What's The Origin Of Your User Name?

outta hours

Lots of funny names on this board some I imagine with some crazy stories behind them. Thought it might be intresting too see how we all came up with our name, I'll go first. We had a mgr. that was always worried about our service hours. He would say it every day " watch it so you don't run outta hours this week". He never said "out of" it was always combined into outta. I always thought it was funny and I began to use it as my handle in feeders and have stuck with it ever since. Ok who's next?

DS

Fenderbender
OK I used to always say that ups had another service level that they offered that was less than standard.Double Standard...hence DS...I thought it was witty but I`ve
grown older and I`m not such a rebel anymore.

I`m curious about over9fives name:wink:

Cementups

Box Monkey
The guys I used to wkr with in our other cetner used to call me Cementhead so when I first signed up for the interweb I used that as my name on AOL, but when I switched to my own account it wouldn't let me transfer my name so I had to change it and went with Cementups since I still worked at UPS. Kind of bland but it's the best I could do at time.

upsdude

I had a guy at a regular HC stop way back when that would always say “somebody get the door, the upsdude is here”.

Ms Spoken

Well I used to have a different name on here and some drivers figured out who I was. So one night I was in the chat room talking with DS about changing my name and he came up with it. Thanks DS because it fits perfect.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
My first boss when I went driving, started calling me tooner. Never knew why. Then it was tune em up tooner, tune em out tooner, then after work we would head to the watering hole, and tooner too. (those were the good old days) All that crew is retired now. It rhymes with my name. And it just stuck, people still call me that and I dont think most remember where it came from.

A

an anonymous guest

Graduate of that fine Jesuit Catholic institution, St. Peter's College, in Jersey City, who's mascot, the mighty Peacock, demonstrates the magnificent humility of the Jesuit order (think about that)....in the year of our Lord 1971.

Peacock Power!
Shed a tear for that old Secaucus Hub!
Go UPS!
P71

helenofcalifornia

Well, my name if Helen and I am from California. BORING!!!!!!! I might change my name now. 9.5, big arrow up, brown monster, you guys!!!! It's always about size, isn't it? chortle, chortle! Maybe my new name will be 36DD!

moreluck

golden ticket member
moreluck.......I picked it because I always want more luck. After all, it IS all about me and what I want, isn't it?

Sammie

I'm the proud parent of 4 miniature dachshunds; Oscar, Meyer, Buddy and Sammie. Sammie and I are the only females at home (we're outnumbered by 5 dudes) and I borrowed her name for this site. She's our little good luck mascot around here.

A

an anonymous guest

I can't wait for FINANCIALPLANNER to explsin the origins of his board name!

And a mighty big Peacock it is...by Gawd!

Go UPS!
P71