What's the policy for radios and speakers in the station?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Do yourself a favor------go to her first. DO NOT go over head, especially if she is a volatile as you say she is. If she blows you off then by all means go to her boss.

Is there any way that you can discreetly use your cellphone to record the noise?
Boy are you uninformed (diplomatically means ignorant).

Use of any recording device on FedEx property is subject to immediate termination.

Great advice, Einstein.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would sit down with manager in question to try to resolve the issue; if that didn't work, I would sit down with her manager and ask him/her to intervene. I would only introduce the video (audio?) if he/she doubted my story. Since it would not be an official complaint the audio should be OK.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I would sit down with manager in question to try to resolve the issue; if that didn't work, I would sit down with her manager and ask him/her to intervene. I would only introduce the video (audio?) if he/she doubted my story. Since it would not be an official complaint the audio should be OK.
Hahahahahahaha!

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Boy are you uninformed (diplomatically means ignorant).

Use of any recording device on FedEx property is subject to immediate termination.

Great advice, Einstein.

Stop that. Termination is not recommended for recording (outside of having too many prior warning letters/performance reminders), let alone immediate termination.

59 Dano

Then our Senior Manager lied with her threat.

I’m shocked.

To be immediately fired for that would require a fairly egregious set of circumstances. They usually handle it by telling the person to stop, if that. Would depend on what they're recording.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
To be immediately fired for that would require a fairly egregious set of circumstances. They usually handle it by telling the person to stop, if that. Would depend on what they're recording.
In this particular case, it was during the GFT process. Seems she didn’t want to be held to what she was saying.

59 Dano

And she later became a Managing Director. So, did she know what she was talking about, or was she a liar?

"Someone said something" without context doesn't really tell me much of anything. It's up there with "can they fire you for being 5 minutes late?"