What's the policy for radios and speakers in the station?

bacha29

It's your hearing and you're not any good to anybody when it's gone least of all yourself so you do whatever means the law provides you with in order to preserve it.

AB831

Not all kinds of music for all kinds of people. Ever try to get everyone to agree on just one radio station? It’s rare if you can.
It's all esoteric funk and DC gogo music. If that's your thing, that's fine, but I think it takes an extremely inconsiderate person to not even consider the strong possibility that no one wants to hear your music and especially not at top volume.

AB831

Have you had a chance to address this with your co-workers? If so, what was the general consensus?
To tell you the truth, I pretty much keep to myself except for my friend who got me hired and another guy who doesn't like it but doesn't care enough to complain.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
It's all esoteric funk and DC gogo music. If that's your thing, that's fine, but I think it takes an extremely inconsiderate person to not even consider the strong possibility that no one wants to hear your music and especially not at top volume.
I’m a huge music nut but at ear splitting volume? No way. Don’t want to go deaf in the process.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I dunno, man. I have a really good rapport with my manager and he doesn't care for the lady
blasting the radio. Maybe i'll just put a bug in his ear and let them duke it out

Do yourself a favor------go to her first. DO NOT go over head, especially if she is a volatile as you say she is. If she blows you off then by all means go to her boss.

Is there any way that you can discreetly use your cellphone to record the noise?