What's this?

wayfair

swollen member
I was just suggesting the system doesn't know what needs to put on any x truck since it was programmed much earlier in the day, so all the extra volume may present a higher percentage of no scans?!?!

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I was just suggesting the system doesn't know what needs to put on any x truck since it was programmed much earlier in the day, so all the extra volume may present a higher percentage of no scans?!?!
The system isn't programmed for anything, it's simply another check point for the package to reduce misloads and detect driver errors. It's a redundant system because we don't do the other checkpoints well enough either. When late air comes down while drivers are still here, it gets scanned. If we left there's no point to scan a shuttle drivers truck, his whole truck is one big misload.

govols019

You smell that?
That's what we did back in the day. God, that sucked.

We also were responsible for keeping up with the stop count. Somehow, we always got it done.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Now I'm gonna have to load my entire truck instead of just half of it...the loaders are already way behind how the hell will they keep up now

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
After learning the job requirements, if they can't load with an acceptable misload frequency, they should be fired.

If another employee had to come to my area each day, and check each stop for a misdelivery, I would be fired for incompetence.

SmithBarney

Looks like they are trying to have more "physical" scans to have more accountability for mis-loads and more info for the customers, kinda like we do at FDX.. We scan every package as it comes in and every driver on the sort scans every package in the trucks.
I can't imagine doing this at UPS when I was a preloader I loaded 3-4 trucks and roughly 300-500 pieces(150 scanned pieces/one truck on a moving belts at FDX is a challenge), it was non-stop at UPS no way there would have been time to scan everything, unless they put overhead 3D scanners (OR RFID) over each truck rear door and it catches it as you enter, manually scanning seems inefficient at the levels UPS works at.

govols019

You smell that?
When I was a preloader, we had to make sure every package had a scan. On a belt to car preload, we had two splitters at the front of the belt to split and scan. Every other preloader down the belt had a scanner to hit the ones the splitters missed. If you loaded outside in the MDC then none of your packages were scanned by the splitters and it was your responsibility to scan every package before you loaded it on the car.

Every morning they would come around with a report about how many packages you missed scanning and how far off you were on the stop count.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I noticed two more of those devices in my car today. One in the middle of the 1000 Section and another on the right rear side. I still had a missort, and a PT Supervisor was loading my car when I stuck my lunchbox in my car.