What's wrong...

bbsam

Staff member
You don't care at all what your employees wear or how they present themselves do you? I personally couldnt care less but as a business owner I would think you of all people should care.

On the contrary. I buy their uniforms. They will wear them.

rod

Retired 22 years
As just a plain old customer nowdays I don't give a rats butt if something is shipped by USPS, Fedex or UPS and I certainly don't give a crap if the delivery driver has on white socks or shoes or has a beard. ALL I care about is that the package is deliver when it is suppose to be and in good condition. If these companies would concentrate more on "Service" and worry less about some driver who 9 times out of ten drops the package and heads on down the road before the customer even opens his door maybe they wouldn't have to hide missed packages in the building and make up all kinds of phoney excuses why stuff is late-lost or loaded on the wrong truck.

JDoe123

ad astra per aspera
As just a plain old customer nowdays I don't give a rats butt if something is shipped by USPS, Fedex or UPS and I certainly don't give a crap if the delivery driver has on white socks or shoes or has a beard. ALL I care about is that the package is deliver when it is suppose to be and in good condition. If these companies would concentrate more on "Service" and worry less about some driver who 9 times out of ten drops the package and heads on down the road before the customer even opens his door maybe they wouldn't have to hide missed packages in the building and make up all kinds of phoney excuses why stuff is late-lost or loaded on the wrong truck.

A "rats butt"? lmao.  :)

bbsam

Staff member
Now you're BSing. Everytime someone says something against Ground, you get resentful.

Not resentful. Bemused that you think things like uniforms and tattoos and earings are such big deals. In the face of all Ground has accomplished, all some of you can do is criticize. But maybe that's just because we're taking your lunch.

Glorifiedpackmule

Not resentful. Bemused that you think things like uniforms and tattoos and earings are such big deals. In the face of all Ground has accomplished, all some of you can do is criticize. But maybe that's just because we're taking your lunch.

Wearing a clean uniform, combing your hair, covering up tattoos , and wearing deodorant, should all be part of being a professional courier. Hell UPS has to shine their shoes. Ground or not.. it's just the professional thing to do. If Ground is going to carry the FedEx name for hells sake be professional about it. You can sit around all day saying that you're going to eat our lunch. You probably are. Nobody is denying that. We get it. How can you deny that your side of the company has issues with some of these things? You're drivers may be the acception to the rule. But overall.. FedEx Ground IS by far less professional than Ups and FedEx Exrpess.

STFXG

I've seen quite a few express drivers with visible tattoos. One guy I know has two full sleeves. Very professional.

zapmail

I knew of a driver hiding packages he couldnt locate in a drop box once..but in the building? wow!

Damon77

Ahhhh...here we go with the Tattoos again. Like its 1957 and tattoos are only for bikers and beatniks. I've got tattoos. Visible. As do most of my customers. Id have even more if I could afford them on my wages. Get over yourselves.

bbsam

Staff member
Wearing a clean uniform, combing your hair, covering up tattoos , and wearing deodorant, should all be part of being a professional courier. Hell UPS has to shine their shoes. Ground or not.. it's just the professional thing to do. If Ground is going to carry the FedEx name for hells sake be professional about it. You can sit around all day saying that you're going to eat our lunch. You probably are. Nobody is denying that. We get it. How can you deny that your side of the company has issues with some of these things? You're drivers may be the acception to the rule. But overall.. FedEx Ground IS by far less professional than Ups and FedEx Exrpess.
I have never denied that Ground has such issues. I contend that we work toward and will succeed in reducing the issues. You need only take an honest look at the past and see what RPS was, see what Ground is, and view the direction contractors are being pointed in (service, safety, and complaint evaluation and bonus) to get a sense that the challenges are not insurmountable. I think it is somewhat consoling for Express members here to believe that Ground will ultimately fail. It has not been our past and nobody on the Ground side is even close to conceding that we are at the pinnacle of what we can or will be.