What's you predictions for the Ohio rider?

stink219

I believe in my heart this is a fair and good contract. I've taken a lot of heat on this forum. It is what it is.
And you are not wrong brother. Compare our lives to what other barns are dealing with. It's so dwarfed. Yes we work had, yes we work long, yes it can be stressful, but don't ever let these bitter folks make you think that we were sold out or this contract was crap. Certain contracts are benchmarks, but they are not the standard.

~A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction.~

stink219

Do you think that the union is stronger now? with Hoffa in power?
I think every union has a little less power than say the 60's and 70's. Governmental oversight, in fighting, RTW, labor laws, contractual progression, privatization. So you maybe correct but it's not exclusive to Teamsters.

~A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction.~

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I believe in my heart this is a fair and good contract.

And fair.... is the operative term.

The vocal minority, is of the opinion that because the company made 5 billion....

Somehow, they should forced to relinquish a sizable portion to the employees.

I understand the sentiment.... But, it is unrealistic.

The next contract will not catch us by surprise. You can bank on that.

This has been a wake-up call, for both parties.

Compare our lives to what other barns are dealing with.

Yep.

Do you think that the union is stronger now? with Hoffa in power?

Absolutely.

Carey, had a one term run. That speaks volumes....

I think every union has a little less power than say the 60's and 70's. Governmental oversight, in fighting, RTW, labor laws, contractual progression, privatization. So you maybe correct but it's not exclusive to Teamsters.

Amen.

All Union Members need to be aware of the labor "climate" right now.

Get involved.... or "watch the leaf, die on the vine"

-Bug-

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

That and the fact that union membership is down to 11% of the workforce. Down from a peak of 35% in 1954. People with no experience working blue collar or working in a union don't really care when a union strikes.

The vocal minority, is of the opinion that because the company made 5 billion....

Yep.

Absolutely.

Amen.

-Bug-
The only reason I asked was, I never seen so many people fired or suspended......Like they are doing now!

I don't want to sound like a broken record....

But, it sounds like a local issue.

-Bug-
Not just at my local. By what I read on BC, It seems to be a nation wide issue. Thats the one key thing about Hoffa, that really ticked me off with this contract. When he gave an indefinite extsion, in return he should have asked UPS, to back off ,on the harassment!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The one key thing about Hoffa, that really ticked me off with this contract. When he gave an indefinite extsion, in return he should have asked UPS, to back off ,on the harassment!

Let me help you, with understanding this.

Any.... IBT President, is not the final word.

Same goes for a Local.

The "elected" Executive Board of the IBT.... or your Local, cast the votes.

The "President" only votes.... in the case of a tie.

The Union Contract Committee, does the work.

-Bug-

Yep.

Absolutely.

Amen.

-Bug-
Amen