What's your favorite day of the week to eat spaghetti?????

moreluck

golden ticket member
This house has to have both MW and Mayo to please us. I always use half of each in macaroni and potato salad and tuna salad , chicken salad, egg salad, etc.
Hubby is the MW man.

oldngray

nowhere special
We had 6 plants this year and we couldn't keep up with the bounty. Neighbors got a lot and the workers at the golf course love to get them too........ Pico de gallo needs lots of tomatoes.
We grew the "Goliath" kind. One pound fruit where the center slice is hamburger bun size. Great tomato and not as gnarly as beefsteak. Beefsteak can be funny shapes at times and goliaths are nicely round.

The problem with tomatoes is the short shelf life. When they ripen you have more than you can use and if you can't give them away you end up tossing them out. Unless you are into canning or something like that.

upschuck

This house has to have both MW and Mayo to please us. I always use half of each in macaroni and potato salad and tuna salad , chicken salad, egg salad, etc.
Hubby is the MW man.
Smart man. I think mayo is too bland and doesn't add anything to anything but calories.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The problem with tomatoes is the short shelf life. When they ripen you have more than you can use and if you can't give them away you end up tossing them out. Unless you are into canning or something like that.
We get rid of them all, but some days he was taking a bag of 30 tomatoes to the golf course. I don't do the freezer or canning.....too labor intensive.
My favorite is a toasted bagel, cream cheese, tomato slice, diced onion, basil, lemon pepper........for lunch almost every day during tomato season.
I do make some fresh tomato marinara sauce......to use right away, not freezer ammo.