When are you guys taking Smart Post Back

bacha29

Notice something here? They're not handing Smart Post off to contractors until the weather gets better. They think they're being "smart" but snow belt rural contractors know what Fat Freddy has in store for them. They're not going to make any money and most likely lose money on the junk but wrecker truck operators are going to make a fortune going back into those little pieces of heaven and pull people out. It's going to get so bad that I seriously offered to park a wrecker up at the terminal and have it ready to go when needed which will likely be quite often.

It will be fine

Notice something here? They're not handing Smart Post off to contractors until the weather gets better. They think they're being "smart" but snow belt rural contractors know what Fat Freddy has in store for them. They're not going to make any money and most likely lose money on the junk but wrecker truck operators are going to make a fortune going back into those little pieces of heaven and pull people out. It's going to get so bad that I seriously offered to park a wrecker up at the terminal and have it ready to go when needed which will likely be quite often.
The contract with the post office ends the same time as the fiscal year, but your elaborate conspiracy is just as likely. Our scheduled roll out is September I think the plan is a slow increase while paying full rate to the post office to cover the difference. That means the schedule will accelerate and we’ll have it all by July.

bbsam

Staff member
You’re so weird.

bacha29

You’re so weird.
Weird? Call it what you want but sitting out there all day and often into the night for a wrecker to finally get free to come and get you is a very common occurrence . It was nothing for the closest free and available wrecker to be a hundred miles and more away. Having something at the terminal that can go get the stuck truck free could easily save virtually an entire day compared to having to sit there all day not getting a single stop done. .

In keeping with these facts what then is so weird about having some assistance readily available compared to always being at the mercy of a third party wrecker and having to wait your turn?