When being fired "sticks"

SLW

This is a general and hypothetical (for now) question. I'm curious what happens when the union cannot get your job back. Is it just sorry bud see ya later, or do they help you locate other union work? What about other unions besides the Teamsters?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
This is a general and hypothetical (for now) question. I'm curious what happens when the union cannot get your job back. Is it just sorry bud see ya later, or do they help you locate other union work? What about other unions besides the Teamsters?
Here, my BA will gladly help a member get another Teamster job with a different company. We have lots of other companies on our local. But if you were caught drinking or using drugs, chronic attendance/lateness issues or just a lazy idiot, then he won’t help you.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

What’d you do?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
If you're in local 804 you can always become a BA. But yeah if you lose at the panel that's pretty much it. If you've worked long enough to be vested you'll still get a pension at some point so there's that.

ManInBrown

In 9 years I’ve seen one driver get fired and it stuck. I’ve seen probably 20 that they tried to fire and it didn’t stick. Those are the serious ones, where they were out months. You have to be an idiot to be a FTer and get fired and it sticks.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I do know one that got fired and the local union helped him get in another union job. Pay cut though, but that's the price you pay for being stupid.

Last edited: