When did you realize management was the enemy?

Is management the enemy?

• Total voters
What is it with kids self diagnosing themselves with PTSD over seemingly minuscule events occurring? "Some pool cleaner dust spilled on me, I was so embarrassed that I now have PTSD and seek compensation". What a world we're living in.. the PTSD claim is what aggravates me most. If these millennial snowflakes knew what such a claim entailed, perhaps it wouldn't be claimed so often. /endrant,backtotheshadows

ALSO... OP, there is a Government website where you can get lost wages mailed to you. I forget the URL but Google is your friend. Maybe lostwages.gov? Basically it will look up any lost money that any company owes you that you never cashed/received, and will mail it to a current address.

Edit: word

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
People dislike authority naturally, but believe me when I say this: no one really needs management and I can’t wait until you’re replaced with a new diad/time card robot. You have 4-5 driver sups, you only need 2 part-timers looking at a iPad.. Part time supervisors are a bigger joke.
When I started there were no part-time supervisors. The most senior union part-timer had keys to the building and would open, start the sunrise sort, call break, call in drivers if there were sick calls. Drivers would dispatch with preloaders moving stops. The first manager came in around 7:30 a.m.

That was a long time ago.

Days

When I started there were no part-time supervisors. The most senior union part-timer had keys to the building and would open, start the sunrise sort, call break, call in drivers if there were sick calls. Drivers would dispatch with preloaders moving stops. The first manager came in around 7:30 a.m.

That was a long time ago.

When I first started, we didn’t have the scanning system or Orion. We had to look up the addresses by hand and we couldn’t call the hub either when things went wrong. If your truck stopped for whatever reason, you were on your own to get it back and running. I remember getting stuck in a snow bank and I had about 20 more stops to deliver. I just locked up the truck and walked about 3 miles before I was able to reach the center using someone’s house phone.

I know one guy that was trapped in his car for 3 days in one of the worst storms they’d ever seen. No one knew where he was and couldn’t find the truck either.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
When I first started, we didn’t have the scanning system or Orion. We had to look up the addresses by hand and we couldn’t call the hub either when things went wrong. If your truck stopped for whatever reason, you were on your own to get it back and running. I remember getting stuck in a snow bank and I had about 20 more stops to deliver. I just locked up the truck and walked about 3 miles before I was able to reach the center using someone’s house phone.

I know one guy that was trapped in his car for 3 days in one of the worst storms they’d ever seen. No one knew where he was and couldn’t find the truck either.

If it was close to peak he could have lived for weeks on Swiss colony cheese and sausage. If things went really bad he could start a fire with those nasty fruitcakes

hank moody

I was a utility driver doing a route I knew quite well. Got off to a good start and I had about 95-100 stops done by 1:15ish, my Sup tells me he needs me to bring in the air. (guys who normally does the route never brings in the air)....so I tell him I don't know if I''ll be able to, got like 70 stops left and haven't taken a lunch or breaks yet. I told him I'd call him later. So I call the guy who brings in the route everyday and ask him how much hes got left, he says I'll be done. Super light day. I'm like wft???? Whys he pushing me at 1 o'clock in the afternoon to finish when someone else has the air already. Smh......

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I was a utility driver doing a route I knew quite well. Got off to a good start and I had about 95-100 stops done by 1:15ish, my Sup tells me he needs me to bring in the air. (guys who normally does the route never brings in the air)....so I tell him I don't know if I''ll be able to, got like 70 stops left and haven't taken a lunch or breaks yet. I told him I'd call him later. So I call the guy who brings in the route everyday and ask him how much hes got left, he says I'll be done. Super light day. I'm like wft???? Whys he pushing me at 1 o'clock in the afternoon to finish when someone else has the air already. Smh......

Wut?

Rack em

Made the Podium
Your supervisor knows you are a rookie and will run your ass off to get done just because he said to. A veteran driver would have dropped the anchor and made sure to have 50 stops left by the time the air had to get brought in.

Bluefootedoobie

Damage Inc.
...and that’s why; you have a 6 0’clock ups store close out-and you can finish the route at 4:00; you make sure you got 20 stops to milk it. They will like you for your commitment etc ;)

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
it wasn’t really a single moment but more of a build up. Also, watching the good workers get :censored2: on while the slackers got rewarded.

Airbear

....when your local's president comes to the hub at night to personally shush-up a member demanding their rights, and walks past multiple PDs with every sup loading a trailer, saying and doing nothing (except completing their membership censoring mission.)