When do I recieve my final paycheck?

Malix

Hello everyone,

Well, I gave me two weeks notice on May 10th, and my last day was on May 24th. Now, its been about a week since I quit, and I still haven't receive my paycheck. During my time there we always get paid on Friday, so I want to know when they will mail my final paycheck? Or do I have to call them? Thanks!

55+

I would call them if I were you...It's probably been sitting on ur managers desk for about a week now...

thedownhillEXPRESS

Hello everyone,

Well, I gave me two weeks notice on May 10th, and my last day was on May 24th. Now, its been about a week since I quit, and I still haven't receive my paycheck. During my time there we always get paid on Friday, so I want to know when they will mail my final paycheck? Or do I have to call them? Thanks!

I would call.

And congratulations.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Hello everyone,

Congratulations!!

Malix

I worked at FedEx ground, and was a packaged handler, I ask this because my manager said they would mail my final paycheck, but it has been a week now and I still haven't got it.

Epoisode7

Ground ? Ruh roh. One of three things happened to your paycheck.

1) It is in the form of a paper airplane, whizzing around the terminal managers officer ... and/or in the form of a paper football, being kicked through the field goal fingers of said manager.
2) It is in the form of several dozen very long rectangles at the bottom of a paper shredder.
3) Someone ate it.

Hopefully it's number 1.

Oh, and congratulations. Go buy a Pepsi and celebrate.

MAKAVELI

Hello everyone,

Check your state laws. Some states require your last check to be given on your last day. If that's the case you might be able to file a wage claim.

bbsam

Staff member
I don't think they are required to mail it. Why not just stop in and pick it up? Damn. Sometimes people make things complicated.

MAKAVELI

I don't think they are required to mail it. Why not just stop in and pick it up? Damn. Sometimes people make things complicated.
You mean how he gave them 2 weeks notice which is more than enough time to get his paycheck on his last day? I think some employers just want to be dicks.

STFXG

Payroll isn't done on command. It has to be processed. But the check was printed and ready the same day it always is. The next week after your final week. Did you turn your I.D. in? They will hold your check until you return your badge...

MAKAVELI

Payroll isn't done on command. It has to be processed. But the check was printed and ready the same day it always is. The next week after your final week. Did you turn your I.D. in? They will hold your check until you return your badge...
It can be done in matter of days which he gave 2 weeks notice. As long as his hours don't vary it shouldn't be a problem to have it ready on his last day. In CA they cannot hold it for any reason and the employer can incur penalties for each day he is not paid.This is why he should check his state laws and know his rights.

STFXG

It can be done in matter of days which he gave 2 weeks notice. As long as his hours don't vary it shouldn't be a problem to have it ready on his last day. In CA they cannot hold it for any reason and the employer can incur penalties for each day he is not paid.This is why he should check his state laws and know his rights.

It can be done in a matter of days, but they should have to calculate the hours worked on his final day and run payroll as soon as he clocks out? Makes sense...

MAKAVELI

It can be done in a matter of days, but they should have to calculate the hours worked on his final day and run payroll as soon as he clocks out? Makes sense...
Not too complicated. You have a set schedule for that week and adhere to it. Makes even more sense. Like I said it depends on his states laws.

STFXG

It pains me to admit that SPH is right. In CA payment is due immediately when the employer is given 72 hours written notice that you are quitting. What a dumb law!

MAKAVELI

It pains me to admit that SPH is right. In CA payment is due immediately when the employer is given 72 hours written notice that you are quitting. What a dumb law!
It's not dumb. It's to stop employers from screwing employees out of wages earned. If there is no law than a person would be forced to sue an employer for wages earned if that employer held on to their check or tried to dock their wages for some worn out uniforms and an id badge. I don't know about anyone else but whenever I left a job I wanted a clean separation and have no other business with that employer after my last day.

STFXG

Penalizing an employer a full days wage if they write you a check the next day after you quit is dumb. I have no problem giving them 72 hours and then fining them (to cover a weekend), but immediately is ridiculous.