When do I recieve my final paycheck?

STFXG

FWIW here are the laws: http://smallbusiness.findlaw.com/employment-law-and-human-resources/final-paycheck-laws-by-state.html

MAKAVELI

Penalizing an employer a full days wage if they write you a check the next day after you quit is dumb. I have no problem giving them 72 hours and then fining them (to cover a weekend), but immediately is ridiculous.
It's called part of doing business. If you think it's ridiculous then maybe you shouldn't have employees.

Grounded

I don't think they are required to mail it. Why not just stop in and pick it up? Damn. Sometimes people make things complicated.

It shows up with the rest of the checks every thursday evening, if call the station or talk to your old manager they will tell you to come grab it. I usually have the check mailed if no one claims it after a week. Just an FYI using the current pay system your address is not on the check so that may be the hold up.

STFXG

My state doesn't have that lame law. And I abide by all my state laws. There's a reason businesses are leaving CA...

MAKAVELI

My state doesn't have that lame law. And I abide by all my state laws. There's a reason businesses are leaving CA...
CA has the largest economy in the US and at one time the third largest in the world. With the technology center in the Bay area and our agriculture feeding the nation I don't think we are doing to bad.

bbsam

Staff member
It doesn't sound like the check is being held. It's exactly where it is every payday. I really don't see how this can be so difficult.

Grounded

It doesn't sound like the check is being held. It's exactly where it is every payday. I really don't see how this can be so difficult.

I've never had any turnover that had trouble finding their check or asking us to mail it. Normally they just come over a grab it. I doubt any management is going to hassle anyone trying to get paid.

Malix

Thank you for everyone's answers. I just called my manager and he told me that they just sent it out to day, so I should receive it in a few days.

Nick9075

CA has the largest economy in the US and at one time the third largest in the world. With the technology center in the Bay area and our agriculture feeding the nation I don't think we are doing to bad.

Well if CA is doing so well then how easy is it to find qualified people to work for ground? How could someone survive on $700 or $800 a week as a single person in ca? I know from being in nyc you are not getting anyone who can qualify to be a driver for $800 a week and that is with the unemployment rate 8.pct. But believe me many of the drivers and helpers don't look on the brink of starvation or becoming homeless.

A few have worked these routes for literally years and wonder why no ambition to do anything but load and deliver packages. Mgmt loves these types because they are brainwashed, firmly indoctrinated into the culture and just see $$$$ if they can aquire a route.

MAKAVELI

Well if CA is doing so well then how easy is it to find qualified people to work for ground? How could someone survive on $700 or $800 a week as a single person in ca? I know from being in nyc you are not getting anyone who can qualify to be a driver for $800 a week and that is with the unemployment rate 8.pct. But believe me many of the drivers and helpers don't look on the brink of starvation or becoming homeless.

A few have worked these routes for literally years and wonder why no ambition to do anything but load and deliver packages. Mgmt loves these types because they are brainwashed, firmly indoctrinated into the culture and just see $$$$ if they can aquire a route.
Simply put there is a sucker born every minute.

vantexan

California had the 12th largest economy in 2012 but was never the 3rd. Bigger than Japan? Great Britain? Germany? France? Canada? Seriously?

MAKAVELI

California had the 12th largest economy in 2012 but was never the 3rd. Bigger than Japan? Great Britain? Germany? France? Canada? Seriously?
Ok maybe not third but it was 6th at one time in 2000.

CJinx

One of the managers in our station likes to play that game with the PH staff when they quit on bad terms. Hold the check at the station, make them come pick it up, when they show up, tell them that it has been mailed out already(in reality, it will be mailed that afternoon). I think it is petty and vindictive.

I know you're expected to turn in your badge immediately but I wouldn't until I was given my final paycheck. "Oh, I'll mail the badge once you've mailed the check". lol

cs19013

Turn in my ID to who I already contacted the warehouse and they said my check wasn't there and HR said my check was mailed but no one mentioned anything about my ID

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
One of the managers in our station likes to play that game with the PH staff when they quit on bad terms. Hold the check at the station, make them come pick it up, when they show up, tell them that it has been mailed out already(in reality, it will be mailed that afternoon). I think it is petty and vindictive.

I know you're expected to turn in your badge immediately but I wouldn't until I was given my final paycheck. "Oh, I'll mail the badge once you've mailed the check". lol
Doesn't work that way. 'Your' ID badge is company property, not yours. Failure to surrender it when requested has the probability of it escalating into a situation that far overshadows the amount on that last paycheck.

There is also a difference if you quit, or were fired, in the timeframe you are legally entitled to your final check. That timeframe varies, by state, from immediately, to the next scheduled payday. Your accrued PTO also fall under different rules, but is usually included in your last paycheck.