When to retire?

oneanddone

Old enough to know better
I'm currently eligible to retire under the PEER 80 rule. Was thinking about going another year, but now I'm not sure I want to wait that long. Wanted to retire under the new contract because I understood there was retiree healthcare improvements. Any idea when the new contract becomes effective?

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
When the other supplements get passed, still have 5 supplements that have not passed. Last contract didn't get implemented until April, so it might be awhile before it goes through.

542thruNthru

I'm currently eligible to retire under the PEER 80 rule. Was thinking about going another year, but now I'm not sure I want to wait that long. Wanted to retire under the new contract because I understood there was retiree healthcare improvements. Any idea when the new contract becomes effective?

You can't retire. We need you in San Diego!

542thruNthru

Check with Paul but the Western Region passed so I believe if you retire now there won't be much to worry about.

I'd guess by April - May everything will be imposed.

oneanddone

Old enough to know better
IMG_20171222_173110589.jpg

ACmoses

I heard that in order to get the reduced health insurance in the WCT plan we must work 1000 hours under the new contract. Anyone heard this as well?