When will RPCD stop being forced in on saturdays?

BrickLoaded

Any clue? 22.4’s were hired to “protect weekends for package car drivers”. Why hasn’t this happened? We can talk local supplements, but fellas, and gals, when will it end?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Any clue? 22.4’s were hired to “protect weekends for package car drivers”. Why hasn’t this happened? We can talk local supplements, but fellas, and gals, when will it end?
IMO the company is doing this to raise the percentage of 22.4 drivers over the 25% in the contract. This will continue for many years until it become over 50%. At that time they will start making contract offers that raise 22.4 wage but decrease pension and medical, which will get passed because the 22.4 will be a newer younger driver that’s more in the mold of an Amazon driver than a UPS driver. Pandoras box has been opened.

BrickLoaded

I was just asking a question. When would monday-Friday drivers stop being forced in on weekends. Burrheadd— I don’t call off if I do not want to work, I show up. I was asking if there was any news on this ending. Thanks fellow teamster for the kind words.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I was just asking a question. When would monday-Friday drivers stop being forced in on weekends. Burrheadd— I don’t call off if I do not want to work, I show up. I was asking if there was any news on this ending. Thanks fellow teamster for the kind words.

When are you going to file a grievance over it?

quad decade guy

You're urinating up a proverbial rope with him......

The answer is he/they don't know. In the end....here....you have to work if directed. There is language in our supplement for 6th punch/Holiday forced work. Period. Calling out, no call no shows will eventually get you fired here.

If in fact you can just not work at your discretion as alluded to....do it. Shrug.
When are you going to file a grievance over it?
If in fact it is contractual.....what would you file under?

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Well..

Basically...

224 Mafia does what it wants.

Hope this is on topic and helps.

IMO the company is doing this to raise the percentage of 22.4 drivers over the 25% in the contract. This will continue for many years until it become over 50%. At that time they will start making contract offers that raise 22.4 wage but decrease pension and medical, which will get passed because the 22.4 will be a newer younger driver that’s more in the mold of an Amazon driver than a UPS driver. Pandoras box has been opened.
This next contract coming up should be very interesting

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
You have to negotiate it in to your local supplement.
It helps to have support from the national. Last contract we were left high and dry in the central and southern.

charm299

The answer is he/they don't know. In the end....here....you have to work if directed. There is language in our supplement for 6th punch/Holiday forced work. Period. Calling out, no call no shows will eventually get you fired here.

If in fact you can just not work at your discretion as alluded to....do it. Shrug.

Southern supplement has 5 workday language

quad decade guy

No, it says you either work a m-friend or t-s if your a 22.4. I don’t get a 6 day paid week vacation, do you?
Ok. That's your regular schedule.....but we are talking about a 6th punch...right? Right? We have language that addresses a 6th punch. It pays time and a half....double on a Holiday/Sunday. Offer from the top.....force at the bottom etc. Now, if everyone is forced.....you have to work if hours available.....Always been that way here. Now, 6th punches are/were rare around here because.....wait for it.....time and 1/2.
Why is this so complicated? Feeder would have to take into consideration for reset times etc.....so don't get 6th punches very often....pretty straightforward concept. Our 6th punches usually revolved around holidays or something unusual like a power outage for example.

BTW, what in the world does a 6 day vacation have to do with anything...? Again we are talking about something out of the ordinary(6th punches). See, "NORMAL" is normal(see above, your definition).....will this be permanent? IDK.

BTW, does it "say" you can't work a 6th punch? Never?

charm299

Ok. That's your regular schedule.....but we are talking about a 6th punch...right? Right? We have language that addresses a 6th punch. It pays time and a half....double on a Holiday/Sunday. Offer from the top.....force at the bottom etc. Now, if everyone is forced.....you have to work if hours available.....Always been that way here. Now, 6th punches are/were rare around here because.....wait for it.....time and 1/2.
Why is this so complicated? Feeder would have to take into consideration for reset times etc.....so don't get 6th punches very often....pretty straightforward concept. Our 6th punches usually revolved around holidays or something unusual like a power outage for example.

BTW, what in the world does a 6 day vacation have to do with anything...? Again we are talking about something out of the ordinary(6th punches). See, "NORMAL" is normal(see above, your definition).....will this be permanent? IDK.

BTW, does it "say" you can't work a 6th punch? Never?
No, the master says they can force a sixth punch from bottom if your supplement allows it. My supplement says that my work week is 5 consecutive days. They can force a schedule change but not a six day work week, it’s voluntary.

KOG72

I’m full of it
Hopefully they will have a hiring spree and you can get enough people under you to make the cut.That’s what I would be looking for.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

It's not easy to say, since we are missing details. If OP Is talking about still being on a t-s schedule after his center started using 22.4's, then that would be the article to file under. If he's talking about 6th shift, and they aren't offering from the top, forcing from the bottom, then that's a violation of seniority. The company almost always violates the contract somehow, so it's not unreasonable to assume there's a grievance there somewhere.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
It's not easy to say, since we are missing details. If OP Is talking about still being on a t-s schedule after his center started using 22.4's, then that would be the article to file under. If he's talking about 6th shift, and they aren't offering from the top, forcing from the bottom, then that's a violation of seniority. The company almost always violates the contract somehow, so it's not unreasonable to assume there's a grievance there somewhere.
Just in the last few weeks we’ve had several guys (including myself) file for excessive overtime despite the presence of 22.4’s in my building for the last two years.
Because, they started targeting guys they don’t like for calling off on Saturdays.
We have no idea what’s gonna happen, but why not band together and file? There’s no precedent set for this yet. The whole point of the 22.4 position and the 9.5, is to reduce dispatch and 6th punches. Excessive overtime
They are violating the agreement by never making an effort to improve dispatch, or hire enough guys to keep RPCD’s on the 5 day work (with OPTIONAL 6th punch) and arbitration is likely necessary.