When will RPCD stop being forced in on saturdays?

quad decade guy

It's not easy to say, since we are missing details. If OP Is talking about still being on a t-s schedule after his center started using 22.4's, then that would be the article to file under. If he's talking about 6th shift, and they aren't offering from the top, forcing from the bottom, then that's a violation of seniority. The company almost always violates the contract somehow, so it's not unreasonable to assume there's a grievance there somewhere.
But you will agree you can simply have a 6th punch? I did mention seniority.....(top/bottom force).
No, the master says they can force a sixth punch from bottom if your supplement allows it. My supplement says that my work week is 5 consecutive days. They can force a schedule change but not a six day work week, it’s voluntary.
Simply....my supplement allows it. Simple.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
But you will agree you can simply have a 6th punch? I did mention seniority.....(top/bottom force).

I hadn't read that post when I responded to your first. If your supplement allows, then they can do it. I think it's intended as a once in a while or peak thing. Not every week for months on end. I don't have time at the moment to look up the language, but I believe the company agrees to maintain proper staffing levels. Forcing people to work extra shifts is an indicator that staffing levels are not proper.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
We can fix all of this. $55 per hour and pension contributions for all hours worked next contract. Spread the news. Spread the joy. This company made BILLIONS in profit. Enough with the talk about keeping the company healthy. Let’s keep ourselves healthy.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Any clue? 22.4’s were hired to “protect weekends for package car drivers”. Why hasn’t this happened? We can talk local supplements, but fellas, and gals, when will it end?
Does your supplement have specific language that prevents that like it does in the New England Supplement?

Method Mensch

You're urinating up a proverbial rope with him......

The answer is he/they don't know. In the end....here....you have to work if directed. There is language in our supplement for 6th punch/Holiday forced work. Period. Calling out, no call no shows will eventually get you fired here.

If in fact you can just not work at your discretion as alluded to....do it. Shrug.

If in fact it is contractual.....what would you file under?
In my center, RPCDs just book off on forced Saturday. There are zero repercussions. One guy I know told his sup's point blank , I will book off tomorrow". He called in Saturday morning, said he would not be able to come in. That was the last time they asked. As a rule our RPCDs will only show up on Saturdays during peak, unless they want the extra hours.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We can fix all of this. $55 per hour and pension contributions for all hours worked next contract. Spread the news. Spread the joy. This company made BILLIONS in profit. Enough with the talk about keeping the company healthy. Let’s keep ourselves healthy.
What ticket are you on?

quad decade guy

Here’s the thing....at no point was he talking about YOUR supplement.
Here's the thing.....

And so?

Nor was he talking to you....

However, if you'll read his question carefully....instead of desperately trying to smear me....he does talk about "local supplements"....such as MINE.
Any clue? 22.4’s were hired to “protect weekends for package car drivers”. Why hasn’t this happened? We can talk local supplements, but fellas, and gals, when will it end?
Read carefully. Try context. Set aside the hate.....

Now, want to retract your hateful smear?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Here's the thing.....

And so?

However, if you'll read his question carefully....instead of desperately trying to smear me....he does talk about "local supplements"....such as MINE.

Lol

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Here's the thing.....

And so?

Talk about hate…….

What'dyabringmetoday???

Yes- we gained so much last contract lets go for the gusto. Lol.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
55 bucks an hour to deliver packages?

You cannot be serious