Where do others upsers go on UPS Day

fryguy379

I was just wondering where other upsers go for ups day. In my area we go to Hershey park for $29.00 dollars a ticket per adult. Just curious where everyone else went and how much it was?:thumbup1:

Cementups

Box Monkey
I was just wondering where other upsers go for ups day. In my area we go to Hershey park for $29.00 dollars a ticket per adult. Just curious where everyone else went and how much it was?:thumbup1:

I'm with you:thumbup1: I have never gone though, even though I have been there for 14 years.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member

I think you are referring to family attractions such as Theme Parks. Around here, sometimes we get a discount on a certain day to go to Six Flags Over Georgia.

DS

Fenderbender
Last year we got a bus to the biggest ball of twine in minnesota with a free chili and crackers lunch and a visit to the box museum.

hdkappler

what is ups day?i was with brown 30yrs.is that open house day(hardley ever went to any company events):lol:to me when i went to work mon.-friday.oct.7 just another day to me.:thumbup1:do they cater in dinner?:laugh:in peoria,il they have a place called big al's they should have ups day there.:)

hdkappler

:)ups day maybe they would have a cookout?:tongue_smthis is peoria .they could have brat's or hotdods.what about steak?center manager says were do you think weare?california?:lol:like to joke.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

longlunchguy

Runnin on Empty
UPS DAY? My center manager thinks every day is UPS day. We're in Fla, and can't get discounts to a theme park or the ocean . My on road did say I can get 15 more stops:crying: Last year on Oct. 7 they had baels and coffee and oj before the pcm. I guess I should be grateful.

browned_out

:confused:1 Never heard of UPS day on the West Coast, unless you mean founders day. On this special day we are treated to cake in the morning, who wants friend$$&ing cake for breakfast.

UPS Lifer

It is nice to see that some areas of the country still have some sort of sponsored outings.... Based on some of the other posts it looks like the HR departments don't have many outside events anymore.

Up until the 90's, we had a lot of different "UPS Days" here is Southern California. Disneyland was the most popular but some of the other areas went to Knott's Berry Farm in Buena Park and Sea World in San Diego and we also have Six Flaggs Magic Mountain in Valencia (which is just north of LA.) We also would buy a block of tickets at a discount to Sporting Events especially Baseball Games at Angel and Dodger Stadium. Some operations would organize their own UPS Day to an event.

Unfortunately, times have changed and you don't see these "organized" family outings anymore. It seems to me that charity events have replaced the UPS Day as we know it.

I know there are some of you that can still remember when we had UPS sponsored picnics in the summer and Christmas parties!!!

diesel96

We have no UPS Day here niether, in fact we have no safety BBQ's or UPS sponsored family outings for full timers what so ever. We used to about 15 yrs ago. But I find it ironic when UPS does cater in some food for Founder's day and reaching certain goals we are fed chicken wings , coke, and cake. And then the next day they preach to us about taking care of our bodies buy stretching,hyrdating,exercise and a healthy DIET leads to a healthy heart. I'll give them some credit now, I noticed they are bringing in more fruit lately and given out bottles of water.