Where to definitively find your seniority date?

The Driver

I drive.
I'm hoping someone can clear this up for me. Can I find my seniority date on the vacation picks list or somewhere on a report that's posted?

I was an off-the-street hire last peak. Laid off in mid-January as expected but got called back this spring as FTer. I thought my seniority date would be something like 5/1/2014 but the vacation sheet that's posted says 9/15/2013.

Any ideas short of me having to ask a sup? There's actually a little more to the story here but I'm afraid to get too specific for fear of being identified on these boards.

aiian

If I had to bet I'd say it's closer to Sept.... congrats on your first year, only 34 more to go.

-

You could always, I don't know... ask someone?

I'd start with your center manager and or HR.

Last edited:

the_weasel

The 9/15/2013 is your part time seniority date used to determine your eligible weeks of vacation and the 5/1/2014 is your full time seniority date. Many people who started part time and went full time see two different seniority dates.

Sent using BrownCafe App

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
There is usually a seniority list posted in your union board. Should have hire date and seniority date. Ask steward where the board is. Our is by the locker room.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The 9/15/2013 is your part time seniority date used to determine your eligible weeks of vacation and the 5/1/2014 is your full time seniority date. Many people who started part time and went full time see two different seniority dates.

Did you miss the "off the street hire" part?

Our center posts a list of all of the union hourlies and their seniority dates on the union bulletin board.

The Driver

I drive.
Did you miss the "off the street hire" part?

Our center posts a list of all of the union hourlies and their seniority dates on the union bulletin board.

This is where it's at, but a few other off the street hires aren't on there yet. It actually made me paranoid for a while until I got my TeamCare stuff in the mail.

trouble maker

your correct seniority date will not come from HR. The correct date will come from payroll. Ask your center manager to obtain it for you.

AllenB

If my hub doesn't have a seniority list up, what should I do about it? I am constantly wondering where I stand on seniority and out of the 2 years I've been at my current location, I have seen a list 1 time that was up for about 3 days

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Ask your sup. We can pull it up in timecards and it will say your hire date and seniority date. Takes all of 30 seconds. Though chances are it's on a bulletin board somewhere.

AllenB

I know exactly when my hire date and seniority date are, I just don't know how many people are ahead of me and it is my understanding that there is supposed to be a seniority list posted in every hub