Where to definitively find your seniority date?

10 point

Good luck. One hourly here found three dates for his seniority.
One on the board, one that's in the computer, one listed on his vacation form and posting and when he inquired at the hall "the labor mgr has been contacted months ago...still no answer" was what he got.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Don't do anything. HR has your first hire date in the books, keep it. You didn't stop working, you just had a short layoff.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
If my hub doesn't have a seniority list up, what should I do about it? I am constantly wondering where I stand on seniority and out of the 2 years I've been at my current location, I have seen a list 1 time that was up for about 3 days
I know where the bulletin board is that's it's supposed to be on but it hasn't been there in over a year

Section 4

"Center seniority lists, by date of hire, shall be posted on the center bulletin board, by the Employer, and shall be revised and updated quarterly. If an employee protests the accuracy of his/her dates and the accuracy can be verified by proper documentation the date will be changed to the appropriate date. Copies of all posted lists shall be sent to the local union involved. The Employer shall show two (2) seniority dates when an employee has come from the part-time seniority list. One (1) date for the employee’s full-time seniority date and one (1) showing the part-time seniority for vacation weeks. The two (2) seniority dates shall not apply to part-time employees going to full time prior to the 1976-1979 Agreement."

http://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/06242014_77983_central_region-final.pdf

You need to check your supplemental language, and look for something like this.

And then, file a grievance if need be.

-Bug-

ManInBrown

Ask the center manager. Don't bother asking an On-Road. But there is no need. The vacation sheet date is accurate. Whatever that says is what it is

AllenB

I actually called the union to find out which article to locate this issue in. That book can be tricky to find things but I found it and I am gonna fire off a grievance asap. I despise how we are treated up there so from here on out I'm taking my fight to paper for everything that they don't follow by the book. They are gonna freaking hate me up there.

PT Car Washer

I actually called the union to find out which article to locate this issue in. That book can be tricky to find things but I found it and I am gonna fire off a grievance asap. I despise how we are treated up there so from here on out I'm taking my fight to paper for everything that they don't follow by the book. They are gonna freaking hate me up there.
Good plan. Make the boss hate you. But you certainly have that right.

AllenB

They treat us like crap so why not. What are they gonna do, yell at me? I got a grievance for that too. I care more about my customers packages than the freaking managers do!!! That's what pisses me off. Everything is speed speed speed to them, crunch it, smash it, shove it, cram it in there. Do whatever you got to do to get it in the truck. I don't agree with this because I don't know what's in that box and it makes me mad as hell when they have no regard for people's packages. That loses customers and devalues our company. Pay the big wigs a little less and give us some more help so we can get the packages to the customers undamaged and in a timely manner. I'd rather get my package the next day in one piece than a day early all crunched up like an accordion!

PT Car Washer

They treat us like crap so why not. What are they gonna do, yell at me? I got a grievance for that too. I care more about my customers packages than the freaking managers do!!! That's what pisses me off. Everything is speed speed speed to them, crunch it, smash it, shove it, cram it in there. Do whatever you got to do to get it in the truck. I don't agree with this because I don't know what's in that box and it makes me mad as hell when they have no regard for people's packages. That loses customers and devalues our company. Pay the big wigs a little less and give us some more help so we can get the packages to the customers undamaged and in a timely manner. I'd rather get my package the next day in one piece than a day early all crunched up like an accordion!
I agree with everything you are saying. Preload manager damages more packages in a day then a loader could in a year or two. You are not going to change that. Do the job and take the paycheck on Friday.